Highly educated youth can be a source of progress and development in the nation. However, many talented students are forced to abandon their higher studies due to financial constraints. Thus, a nation must work towards aiding the students in achieving their academic goals.
In this direction, many South African organizations along with the government provide help to the students in the form of bursaries. If you are an aspiring candidate who wants to pursue higher education then the GIBB external bursary can help you.
GIBB is a 100% employee-owned African company that was founded in the year 1956 by David Hill and Leo Kaplan. In the year 1994, the company was merged with the international company LawGIBB Group. It became one of the most renowned and extraordinary Engineering Consultation companies by the year 1995.
The company also achieved great landmarks one of which includes implementing ISO9001 international standards into their functioning.
The subsidiaries of the organization include; ACE GIBB, Arcus GIBB Nigeria, GIBB (Pty). Ltd, and SVA International (Pty) Ltd. Its branches are spread across South Africa (Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Pretoria, East London, and many more) and also other South African countries like Botswana, Zambia, Nigeria, Lesotho, Tanzania, Ghana, Swaziland, and Seychelles.
Its wings are spread over sectors that include Power and Energy services, Dams, Hydropower, Environmental Services, Underground works, Transportation services, Integrated Infrastructure Services, Housing, and Community.
A major part of the company’s success can be attributed to the fact that it is constantly evolving, changing, and adapting with time, and keeping pace with the latest innovations. This makes them capable of meeting the client’s requirements.
About GIBB External Bursary Program
The GIBB bursary program is an excellent step by the organization towards aiding needy students. Those students who wish to pursue a qualification in the Civil Engineering Degree (Undergraduate, Honors, Master’s) with a specialization in Civil Engineering, Rail and Roads can apply for receiving this bursary for the academic year 2022.
Students with a strong academic record who have a passion for the engineering field can reap the benefits of this bursary and make a bright and successful future.
The bursary covers the following expenditures on behalf of the students:
- Tuition fees
- Textbook cost
- Travel expense
- Accommodation cost
Under this bursary program, students will get an opportunity to participate in the vacation work and practical training as required by the institution.
- Though the bursary is renewable each year, it is based on the student’s academic results which must be above 60%. If a student fails to maintain a good academic performance then the bursary may be discontinued
- After completing their graduation, students will be required to work at the GIBB office depending upon the availability of posts.
- Students must apply before the closing date to be considered for the bursary. Applications submitted after the specified date will not be eligible to receive the bursary.
Eligibility Criteria For The GIBB Bursary
There are certain eligibility requirements that a student must meet to qualify for the bursary. Failure to meet the criteria will disqualify their application.
- Students must be South African citizens
- One must have completed their Matric
- You must have the intention to study towards a Civil Engineering qualification with specialization in Civil Engineering, Rail and Roads
- One must have secured admission to study at a recognized institution in South Africa
- You must be studying in the 2nd year or higher of undergraduate, honor’s, or Master’s study
How to Apply For The GIBB Bursary?
Those who wish to apply for the GIBB’s bursary program are required to submit an online application.
Click here to start the application: GIBB External Bursary Application Online 2022
While filling the online application, students must read the form carefully and provide all the information accurately.
You must also attach copies of the documents as specified below. Failure to submit any of the documents will disqualify the student’s application for receiving the bursary.
- A certified copy of ID documents
- Certified copy of Matric certificate
- Curriculum vitae
- Certified copy of the complete tertiary academic record
After attaching the said documents with the application form, you must submit it by uploading it on the official website of GIBB.
Closing Date Of The GIBB External Bursary
The last date of application is 15 November 2021
Students can contact the following for any details, queries, or information about the bursary.
Telephone: 011 519 4600
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries if the bursary is closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on November 14, 2021)