About Harmony Gold
Harmony Gold is one of the largest companies in South Africa involved in the mining and exploration of gold. Currently, it operates nine underground mines and one open-pit mine. In addition to that, it manages several surface operations in South Africa.
With an international presence, the company is listed in three stock exchanges: the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, London Stock Exchange, and New York Stock Exchange.
The mining company offers employment opportunities to thousands of people in South Africa and around the world.
Harmony Gold Bursary 2022
Harmony Gold nurtures talent to meet the labor demand in the gold mining industry. Every year, it selects a certain number of unprivileged students for the Harmony Gold Bursary.
For the academic year 2022, Harmony will offer bursaries to both core and non-core mining disciplines.
The core mining disciplines include:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Rock Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (only Heavy Current)
- Extractive Metallurgy
The non-core mining disciplines for the bursary are:
Students selected for the bursary will receive benefits like full tuition fees coverage, accommodation fees coverage, and prescribed books cost. Along with that, bursars will also receive a personal allowance depending on their needs.
For the bursary, the applicants must demonstrate a strong motivation for pursuing a career in mining. They should also have the drive to flourish in the field.
The selection process also involves a series of interview and psychometric assessments. The results from these will contribute to the final selection.
Bursary Eligibility Criteria
To select candidates for the bursary, Harmony Gold has laid out specific eligibility criteria. Everyone must fulfill the requirements before they’re allowed to move further in the selection process. Since the mining company receives thousands of applicants, it rejects those who do not meet all criteria.
The eligibility requirements for the Harmony Gold Bursary 2022 are:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must have completed Matric and hold a National Senior Certificate
- Must have achieved a minimum of 60% in all subjects in Matric
- Must be pursuing a full-time degree in one of the aforementioned fields of study at a recognized tertiary institute
- Can be either in the first, second, third, or fourth year of study in 2022
- Must have a solid academic record
- For Engineering students, they must have achieved at least 70% in both Mathematics and Physical Science in Matric
- Tertiary students must have scored at least 60% in all major subjects in Matric
- Must be receiving funding from any other bursary
Fulfilling all the criteria, however, does not guarantee that you’ll be awarded. The bursaries are limited in number, and preference will be given to students coming from disadvantaged backgrounds, dependents of Harmony employees, and students from Harmony host communities.
The candidates selected by Harmony Gold will be considered final.
How to Apply for Harmony Bursary 2022?
Students fulfilling the eligibility criteria should move forward with the online application process.
The first step is to create an online account at the Harmony Careers portal and submit the application form. You can access the portal by clicking here. Click on the red “Apply” button and create an account (or log in if you already have one). Then proceed as per the instructions and fill out the necessary details.
The next step is to submit relevant documents along with your application. These are required to verify the details. The list of documents required are:
- ID documents
- Grade 11 results
- Matric June or mid-year results copy
- Matric certificate, if currently available
- Recent academic results (must be on institution letterhead)
- Complete previous academic record
- Acceptance letter at a tertiary institute (must be on institution letterhead)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae (not more than one page)
The first four documents should be certified copies.
Scan and upload these documents and submit them along with your application. Cross-check twice before applying.
Shortlisted candidates will have to attend interviews and psychometric assessments. Harmony will release the results 21 days after the closing date.
The last date to apply for the Harmony Gold bursary is 30 September 2021.
For further queries, get in touch with Olwyn Linden at:
- Telephone – 057 904 8889
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
For technical assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do NOT contact Harmony Gold Mining Company Limited, if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on September 30, 2021)