A giant in the aluminium industry, Hulamin is a semi-fabricator business that services the southern African region, as well as several international agents who sell their products to manufacturers and distributors across the globe. Regarded as one of the most versatile metals to use, aluminium has several applications across a variety of industries.
As a semi-fabricator, Hulamin produces flat-rolled aluminium products, such as sheets, plates, and foil. Being a firm believer in investing in human capital, Hulamin offers bursaries to students for studies in metallurgical, electrical, industrial, and mechanical engineering, as well as accounting. This forms part of the company’s extensive sustainability commitments.
The Hulamin company is one of the leading manufacturers of aluminum products. It offers bursaries given every year in many disciplines important to the performance of the company. The bursaries fund the following fields of study:
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
These bursaries cover the following:
- Accommodation Fees
- Book Fees
- Meal Fees
- Registration Fees
- Tuition Fees
- Yearly Cash Allowance
Hulamin Bursaries Requirements and Eligibility
Interested applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a citizen of South Africa.
- Must have a previously disadvantaged background.
- Must live in Pietermaritzburg or in the surrounding areas.
- Must the entry requirements at one of the approved universities for the field of study the applicant wants to pursue.
- Must have a desire to pursue their first degree.
For Grade 12 students, the applicants must have:
- At least a B symbol in higher grade Mathematics, English, and Physical Science for any engineering degree.
- At least a B symbol in English and Accounting for an accounting degree.
How to Apply and Application Details
Applicants may download the Application Form online or Download By Clicking Here. Upon completion, email the form with supporting documentation to email@example.com.
Applicants may also send the application by using these following methods below:
- Send their application by post to PO BOX 74, Pietermaritzburg, 3200
- Hand deliver their application to Moses Mabhida Road, Edendale, Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
If applicants don’t receive any notification by the end of October, it means that their applications were unsuccessful.
The bursaries have no set closing date. Submission of application is open all year round and students are welcome to apply at any time.
For further inquiries relevant to this bursary program, please contact Hulamin directly:
Address: Moses Mabhida Road, Pietermaritzburg
Tel: +27 033 395 6911