About Illovo Sugar Ltd
Illovo Sugar Ltd. is Africa’s biggest sugar producer and supplier operating in six African countries to consumer as well as industrial markets. The group also exports sugar not only in African countries but also worldwide especially European Union and USA.
Illovo Sugar has agricultural and manufacturing operations in six African countries namely South Africa, Swaziland, Mozambique, Malawi, Tanzania and Zambia. Illovo is listed on the JSE and is a division of Associated British Foods plc. As a sugar producer and supplier, Illovo also has products ranging from sugar cane, sugar and syrup, furfural, ethanol and other sugar derivatives as well as electricity production.
Illovo Sugar Ltd Bursaries
The company currently offers bursaries to students who wish to continue studies in Electrical (heavy), Electrical (light), Mechanical and Chemical engineering and Agriculture fields at either University or Technikon. Students who are studying at Technikon should continue their studies to the B.Tech Degree to be sponsored to do their in-service training. The bursary covers academic (such as registration, tuition and examination fees), accommodation, meals and books costs. The grantees are required to work for Illovo Sugar as well as complete course-related practical training at one of Illovo’s Operating Centres.
Successful candidates will be required to perform vacation work for Illovo Sugar if necessary. Practical training course may also be required at one of Illovo’s Operating Centres.
Illovo Sugar Ltd Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Above-average academic results
- Students who are in their final year of schooling
- Passing subjects which are related to the business needs of the company such as Maths, Science and English
- Current students (or intend on studying) at either University or Technikon
How to Apply and Application Details
Applications must be done online at: https://www.illovocareers.co.za/Bursary-and-Grad
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric students: latest results (mid-year) AND proof of acceptance to study in one of the above fields at a University or Technikon (on tertiary letterhead)
- Tertiary students: Matric certificate (certified copy) AND latest academic results (on tertiary letterhead)
- Curriculum Viate
15 September annually.
Note: if you have not received any feedback or not contacted by the Bursar within 1 months, consider your application was unsuccessful.
Email: [email protected]
Address: 1 Nokwe Avenue Ridgeside Umhlanga Rocks Durban
Post: PO Box 194 Durban 4000
Tel: +27 31 508 4300
Fax: +27 31 508 4499