About Impala Platinum / Implats
Impala / Implats is a platinum-producing company that has 191.6 million attributable platinum ounces. Implats has five main operations in South Africa which includes 96% owned Impala, 87% owned Zimplats, 73% owned Marula, jointly held Mimosa and joint ventured Two Rivers. Impala Refining Services (IRS) was also built by Implats to house toll refining and metal purchases.
Impala Platinum / Implats Bursaries
Implats bursaries invites all students who wish to pursue career in fields of Engineering, Chemistry, Geology, Accounting, Surveying and Human Resources. The bursaries cover registration, tuition and residence fees, cash allowance and personal computer allowance from second year of study. Successful candidates will be required to work for the company as well as perform vacation work at the company at the end of each year.
Bursaries are offered in the following fields:
- Engineering (Mining, Metallurgy, Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical – heavy current)
- Chemistry (Honours)
- Geology (Honours)
- Accounting (Honours)
- Human Resources (BCom, Honours)
Implats is looking for applicants who can work under pressure, have leadership, good problem solving and good communication abilities, are strong-willed, have decision making and logical thinking skills and are self-motivated. People with disabilities are welcome to apply base on the physical demands of the relevant profession.
Impala Platinum / Implats Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Minimum rating of 60% or C symbol for Math, Science and English
- Have leadership, problem-solving and good communications skills
How to Apply and Application Details
- Complete the Impala Platinum / Implats bursary application form (pdf)
- Include the following documents with this application form:
- Proof of your results
- Academic transcript
- Certificate of conduct from university (if already studying)
- Certified copy of your ID
- Email your complete application documents to [email protected] or send to Impala Platinum, Bursary Department, PO Box 5683, Rustenburg, 0300
Applications should be considered unsuccessful if no response received within 30 days after the closing date.
31 March annually
Address: Impala Platinum, Bursary Department, PO Box 5683, Rustenburg, 0300
Tel: +27 14 569 0088
Email: [email protected]