The National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) is a South African agency founded with aim to address youth development issues at National, Provincial and Local government level. Some of these issues include poverty, inequality and joblessness and poor health.
NYDA Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship Fund
The National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) Scholarship Fund offers scholarship to youth under 35 years old who wish to study at public universities or university of technologies across South Africa. The Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship Fund’s objectives include providing financial education support for increased access to quality higher studies, increasing chances of youth employability, empowering youth and contributing to critical and scarce skill solution. The NYDA Scholarship Fund covers tuition fees, accommodation and meals costs and study books/equipment allowances. About 150 students will benefit from the scholarship fund starting in year 2018.
The scholarship is awarded for the duration of your studies but is renewable subject to student’s academic performance. Starting 2018 academic year, only South African public Universities and Universities of Technology will be accepted and TVET College studies will no longer be considered for the Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship Fund.
NYDA Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship Fund Requirements and Eligibility
- A 1st year full time student for a degree/diploma applying for admission to one of the public universities
- High school learners who plan to attend one of the public universities or universities of technology
- Meet university Admission Point Score and with an average of 70% in the National Senior Certificate exams
- South African citizens under 35 years of age
- Proven financial need with combined household income of less than R15 000 a month
- Residents of rural/semi-rural places
How to Apply and Application Details
You can apply through either of the following methods:
- Solomon Mahlangu Online Application: Register an account here at: https://studentfundingportal.com/sfp/
- Download and complete the NYDA Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship Bursary Application Form (pdf format)
- After completing the application form email it to: [email protected]
Attach the following supporting documents:
- Certified copy of matric certificate
- Proof of Household Income
- Certified ID of Applicant
- Certified ID of parents/guardians
Faxed or direct submissions to NYDA offices will NOT be accepted.
Postal/email applications: 15 December 2017
Online applications: 16 January 2018
Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship Fund
Address: Vdg House 8 Victoria Road Plumstead Cape Town 7945
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 021 2000 476 / 087 2300 194