PAMSA Bursary 2020 – 2021
The Paper Manufacturers Association of South Africa (PAMSA) offers bursaries to students who want to pursue a postgraduate Master of Engineering in Chemical Engineering at one of any of the following universities:
- University of Pretoria
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of the North West
- University of the Witwatersrand
The scholarship provides funding for 2 years of study valued at R130,000 for each year. Students who qualify get the opportunity to learn advanced skills during the postgraduate training within the following specialist fields:
- Chemical analysis
- Material and energy balances
- Material flow analysis
- Process modelling
- Separation techniques
- Wood science
Successful applicants will receive a notification for an interview in July 2021. After this process, applicants who don’t receive any feedback should consider their application unsuccessful.
About The Paper Manufacturers Association of South Africa (PAMSA)
PAMSA is a strong advocate for the use of paper, given that it is a recyclable and renewable resource. It has a variety of purposes and applications across dozens of industries, including education, packaging, and hygiene products. The association represents in excess of 90% of South Africa’s paper manufacturers, providing a forum of areas of mutual concern and engagement.
At its core, PAMSA believes in sustainability, competitiveness, and growth for all its member organisations. It also invests in the industry’s future by funding the final year BSc. Chemical Engineering students as they complete their Masters of Engineering (M.Eng.) degree.
PAMSA Bursary 2020 – 2021 Requirements and Eligibility
To qualify for the Bursary, interested applicants must have the following requirements before submitting an application:
- Being a citizen of South Africa is an advantage but it isn’t essential.
- Must have completed a Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Must have completed their studies within 5 years.
- Must have a good academic record.
- Must have achieved at least 60% as their overall average in their final year of study.
- Must have an Interest in studying Master of Engineering in Chemical Engineering qualification in the biotechnology space of the pulp, paper, and board packaging industry
- Must plan to study at the University of Stellenbosch, the University of Pretoria, the University of the Witwatersrand or the University of the North West.
Failure to comply with all of these requirements will result in the application getting disregarded.
How to Apply and Application Details
Interested applicants may apply online. Along with the application form, applicants must submit clear copies of the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Supporting motivations
- A reference letter with a complete list of references with complete names, their relationship to the applicant, and contact details.
- Details about the applicant’s areas of interest.
If the applicants don’t submit all of these documents completely, their application will get disregarded.
22 June 2020
Address: Unit 4, Woodview Office Park, 1 Humber Road, Woodmead, Sandton
Tel: +27 (0) 11 803 5063
E-mail: [email protected]