About the South African National Roads Agency Limited (SANRAL)
SANRAL is an independent company of which the South African government, represented by its Minister of Transport, is the sole shareholder. The company’s mandate is to finance, expand, improve, and maintain South Africa’s national road network. While the country has much existing road infrastructure, there is an increasing demand on the road system, meaning that it requires upgrading whilst continuously maintaining the integrity of existing roads. SANRAL works on the country’s arterial highways, including those that facilitate travel in and around major cities, such as Johannesburg, Cape Town, Pretoria, and Durban. SANRAL offers high school learners and tertiary students bursaries and financial assistance as part of its social responsibility programme.
SANRAL Bursary 2021
SANRAL dedicates its resources to make sure that students in South Africa have enough opportunities to further their studies in specialized fields. Every year, it offers bursaries intended to develop skill sets of students within the industry of Civil Engineering. The SANRAL bursaries are for qualified and deserving students. It covers the following expenses:
- Tuition fees
- Food allowance
- Living allowance.
- Prescribed books
- Study equipment
- Compulsory excursions and seminars
Candidates who qualify will get notified by January 31 at the latest. Applicants don’t receive any feedback by this date should regard their application as unsuccessful.
SANRAL Bursary 2021 Requirements and Eligibility
Interested applicants must first satisfy the minimum requirements before applying:
- Must be a citizen of South Africa.
- Must be currently studying or plans to study towards a Civil Engineering degree.
- Must be currently registered or plans to register to study at one of the recognised Tertiary Education Institution in South Africa.
- For Matric students, they must have achieved at least 70% in Mathematics, English, and Physical Science.
- For 1st year students, they must have achieved at least 70% in Mathematics and Science.
- Those currently studying towards a Civil Engineering degree qualification may also apply.
- Preference goes to disadvantaged students who have completed their 1st year of study (undergraduates) or students registered for their 2nd to 4th year (postgraduate students).
- Must not have failed any modules or subjects in their current year of study.
- Must not be currently receiving any other financial assistance or bursary funding from another institution.
Failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to the application getting disregarded.
How to Apply and Application Details
Download and complete the application form. Applicants must submit clear copies of the following documents together with the accomplished application form.
- A certified copy of an ID document.
- A certified copy of Matric certificate.
- A certified copy of the applicant’s most recent academic record.
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institution
- Curriculum Vitae
- A motivational letter that explains why the applicant deserves the bursary. The applicant should compose and sign the letter.
- Certified copies of the ID documents of the applicant’s parents or guardians.
- Proof of income of the applicant’s parents or guardians in the form of their recent payslips.
If any of these documents aren’t submitted, the application will get disregarded.
30 September 2020
Address: 48 Tambotie Avenue, Val De Grace, Pretoria
Telephone Number: 012 844 8000
E-mail: [email protected]