About Tiger Brands
Tiger Brands is a South African food and beverage company based out of Johannesburg. Founded by Jacob Frankel and Joffe Marks in 1921 as Tiger Oats Limited, the company is now in the top 40 of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, making it one of the largest companies in the country.
Its product range includes everyday products like personal care, rice, bakery, snacks, fruits, vegetables, etc.
The company operates throughout Africa in countries like Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Cameroon, and Chile and employs around 20,000 people.
Tiger Brands also has ongoing CSR initiatives that benefit society.
Tiger Brands Bursary 2022
Tiger Brands offers financial assistance to a certain number of students every year in the form of bursaries. These are graduate bursaries and are meant for students who are pursuing their graduation.
For the academic session 2022, here are the fields of study the bursaries will be awarded in:
- Chemical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Electronic engineering
- Industrial engineering
- Mechanical engineering
You can be pursuing BEng or BSc for your engineering degree. For Marketing, you have to be studying for a BCom degree.
Bursars will receive funding to cover the following cost:
- Full tuition fees
- Registration fees
- Exam fees
- Prescribed books
Along with that, bursars will also receive a monthly allowance as determined by the company.
There are a limited number of bursaries. And the number of applicants always outnumber them. So to select the candidates, Tiger Brands has laid out specific eligibility criteria. Anyone applying for the bursary must fulfill them to be considered.
The eligibility requirements for the Tiger Brands bursary 2022 are:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must have successfully completed Matric
- Must be studying in the first year of the degree at the time of applying
- Must be entering the 2nd year of the degree in 2022
- Must be studying at a recognised tertiary institution for at least six months at the time of applying
- Must have scored no less than 65% overall average in Matric
- Must have scored at least 65% overall average in the first semester of tertiary education
- Must hold a strong academic record
- Must be in need of financial assistance
- Must demonstrate strong skills in Mathematics, Accounting, and Science
Fulfilling all the criteria, however, doesn’t guarantee funding. Tiger Brands will conduct interviews to further screen the shortlisted students. Based on the result, a list of the bursars will be published, which will be considered final.
How to Apply?
If you meet all the requirements and are eligible, move forward with the application process. It’s a simple and quick process that should take less than an hour to complete. But it does require attention to detail. So take your time to go through the application process.
Here are the steps involved in applying for the Tiger Brands bursary 2022:
This application does not require you to submit any type of form. You just have to prepare the documents necessary for this bursary and submit them. These documents are used to verify the information and process your application. So make sure to submit all of the following documents without fail.
- ID documents (certified copies only)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Academic transcripts or records of the first semester in 1st year of study (certified copies only)
- Proof of income of your parents or guardians (submit latest payslips if employed, or else submit an affidavit if unemployed) (certified copies only)
Scan all the documents and save them in PDF format.
Upload the scanned documents to a composed email and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. For the subject line, insert “Tiger Brands Graduate Bursary Application.”
Review your application one final time before sending it.
The last date to apply for the Tiger Brands bursary is 22 October 2021. The bursary is currently open and you should apply as soon as possible. Submissions made after the last date are rejected without further consideration.
It’s recommended to resolve your queries about the bursary before applying. To get in touch with the bursary provider, use these contact details:
If the bursary has already been closed, you are requested not to contact Tiger Brands. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/