About Trans-Caledon Tunnel Authority
Trans-Caledon Tunnel Authority or TCTA is a state-owned entity that provides finance and implementation of water infrastructure which should be within an acceptable risk framework, in a cost-efficient way and in the benefit of the water consumer. It offers services such as project design, project management, debt management, structuring and raising project finance, knowledge management and treasury management.
TCTA has administered water infrastructure projects including Acid Mine Drainage, Berg Water, Komati Water Scheme Augmentation, Lesotho Highlands Water, Metsi Bophelo Borehole, Mokolo and Crocodile Water Augmentation, Mooi-Mgeni Transfer Scheme, Olifants River Water Resources Development and Vaal River Eastern Subsystem Augmentation.
Trans-Caledon Tunnel Authority Bursaries
TCTA will award six (6) bursary opportunities for applicants who are academically qualified from previously disadvantaged population groups. Applicants should be studying or planning to pursue undergraduate studies at accredited tertiary institutions in South Africa.
The following areas of study are accepted for the bursary:
- B Com Economics (Financial Management/Treasury & Investment, Commercial or any related numerate Degree (x1)
- BSc or BEng in Civil, Electrical (Controls & Instrumentation), Mechanical and Chemical
- BSc in Environmental Science, Environmental Management and Environmental Law
TCTA bursary covers full University tuition fees including registration, accommodation, residence meals, prescribed books and/or stationary and monthly allowance. Bursaries will be given according to academic merit, race and gender as well as the skill need of TCTA.
Financial assistance is renewable every year depending on the bursary holder’s academic performance and results. Bursary holders will be placed in a two year internship/learnership programme, based on the availability of opportunities.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African Citizens with valid South African ID
- Unemployed youth below 35 years old with no other educational funding
- Minimum 60% above grade as well as National Senior Certificate with university entrance
- University acceptance or already students in a university
- Minimum 65% grade on all major subjects, if already studying at a tertiary institution
- Not relatives or family of TCTA employees
- Household income of R 350 000.00 and below per annum
- Previously disadvantaged individuals such as females, Africans, coloreds and Indians, people with disabilities and people who are living near the TCTA project sites will be given preference
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and complete the TCTA Bursary Application Form. (pdf)
- Submit the following required documents together with your application:
- Certified copy of ID
- Certified copies of Grade 12 results and previous academic records, if already in the first year at tertiary
- Proof of registration from an accredited tertiary institution
- Fee structure, Quotation, Account statement or invoice from institution including books and residence costs
- Household proof of income for employed parents/guardian or affidavit, if unemployed
- Certified copies of ID of parents/guardian
- Letter of application
- Send application and documents through email to: Nomvula Mhlambi, [email protected]
Incomplete application and required documents will be rejected. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for the next phase of the selection. Should you not hear from TCTA 30 days after the closing date, consider your application not accepted.
21 February 2020, 5pm
Address: Tuinhof Building Ground Floor Stinkhout Building 265 West Avenue Centurion
Post: P O Box 10335 Centurion South Africa 0046 Telephone Numbers:
Tel: +27 12 683 1258
Fax: +27 12 683 1361
Email: [email protected] / [email protected] / [email protected]