Transnet bursaries are awarded annually as part of the company’s human capital development which in accordance with its employment needs. All bursaries are offered to applicants who wish to pursue studies towards Engineering fields. Transnet bursary covers tuition fees, accommodation and meals, book allowance as well as experiential training.
Transnet offers bursaries to candidates pursuing the following fields of study:
- B. Engineering Industrial (Ref no: 60000173)
- Metallurgy (physical) (Ref no: 60000170)
- Electrical (heavy current) (Ref no: 60000167)
- Electronic (Ref no: 60000171)
- Mechanical (Ref no: 60000169)
- Civil (Ref no: 60000175)
- Computer Engineering
Bursaries are renewable every year depending on the bursary holder’s academic performance. Subjects failed must be repeated at the student’s own expense.
Full-time bursaries are awarded annually according to the employment needs of the company. All their full-time students are viewed as potential employees, depending on vacancies being available after successfully completing their qualifications. Bursary holders may be required to perform vacation work for the company which is available during June/July and December/January holidays. Upon graduation, students will also be required to work for the company equivalent to the duration of Transnet financial aid.
Transnet is an integrated freight transport company that delivers goods throughout South Africa. It has five operating divisions namely Transnet Freight Rail (formerly Spoornet), Transnet Rail Engineering (formerly Transwerk), Transnet National Ports Authority (formerly the NPA), Transnet Port Terminals (formerly SAPO) and the Transnet Pipelines (formerly Petronet).
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizens
- Grade 12 Learners with excellent academic achievements
- Minimum five stars in Mathematics and Physical Science
- Students currently studying towards B Eng or B.Sc Engineering in the disciplines such as Civil, Mechanical, Electrical (Heavy Current), Industrial, Electronic and Metallurgy (Physical).
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and complete the Transnet Bursary Application Form. (pdf)
- Attach certified copies of the following documents together with your application form:
- Acceptance Letter / Proof of Registration
- Matric Certificate / latest Academic Records
- Updated CV
- Send your applications to: [email protected] or by fax at 0865827236.
Communication for interview and selection will only be conducted to short-listed applicants. The interviews will take place in Johannesburg, Bloemfontein, Cape Town and Durban.
The final selection and award are subjective to the interview results, satisfactory academic results and medical fitness.
31 July, every year
If you have not been contacted by 31 October, consider your application as unsuccessful.
Transnet Freight Rail
Capacity Developmnet Department
15 Girton Road
Telephone: (011) 308 1246
Email: [email protected]