Transnet bursaries are awarded annually as part of the company’s human capital development which in accordance with its employment needs. All bursaries are offered to applicants who wish to pursue studies towards Engineering fields. Transnet bursary covers tuition fees, accommodation and meals, book allowance as well as experiential training.
The bursary is renewable every year depending on the bursary holder’s academic performance. Subjects failed must be repeated at student’s own expense. Bursary holders may be required to perform vacation work for the company which is available during June/July and December/January holidays. Upon graduation, students will also be required to work for the company equivalent to the duration of Transnet financial aid.
Transnet is an integrated freight transport company that delivers goods throughout South Africa. It has five operating divisions namely Transnet Freight Rail (formerly Spoornet), Transnet Rail Engineering (formerly Transwerk), Transnet National Ports Authority (formerly the NPA), Transnet Port Terminals (formerly SAPO) and the Transnet Pipelines (formerly Petronet).
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizens
- Grade 12 Learners with excellent academic achievements
- Minimum five stars in Mathematics and Physical Science
- Students currently studying towards B Eng or B.Sc Engineering in the disciplines such as Civil, Mechanical, Electrical (Heavy Current), Industrial, Electronic and Metallurgy (Physical).
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and complete the Transnet Bursary application form. (pdf)
- Attach certified copies of the following documents together with your application form:
- Acceptance Letter / Proof of Registration
- Matric Certificate / latest Academic Records
- Updated CV
- Send your applications to: [email protected] or by fax at 011 774 9235.
Communication for interview and selection will only be conducted to short-listed applicants. The interviews will take place in Johannesburg, Bloemfontein, Cape Town and Durban.
The final selection and award is subjective to the interview results, satisfactory academic results and medical fitness.
31 July, every year
Address: Floor 21 Carlton Centre 150 Commissioner Street Johannesburg
Telephone: (011) 308 1246
Fax: (011) 774 9235
Email: [email protected]