Upstream Training Trust Bursary Program 2020
The Upstream Training Trust bursary is for students pursuing studies in the fields of Technology, Natural Science or Engineering relevant to the petroleum industry. These include the following fields of study:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Information Systems
- Environmental Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Structural Engineering
The amount of the bursary varies depending upon the financial status of the UTT. It covers full tuition fees and any remaining amount covers the following:
- Prescribed textbooks
- Approved excursions and trips
About the Upstream Training Trust
The Upstream Training Trust (UTT) is an NPO that aims to augment the development of science and engineering studies in South Africa. The organisation aims to help supply the oil and gas exploration and extraction industries with qualified professionals who can maintain South Africa’s ability to compete in these sectors at an international level. Formed by the South African Petroleum Agency, UTT is funded by companies participating in the sector as each corporation is obliged to make an annual contribution to the organisation.
UTT offers bursaries to South African students, especially those from previously disadvantaged communities. The bursaries cover studies in natural sciences, engineering and technology.
Upstream Training Trust Bursary 2020 Requirements and Eligibility
To qualify for the bursary, the student must meet the following entry requirements before applying.
- Must be a resident or citizen of South Africa
- Must have completed Matric
- Must have excellent results for Science, Mathematics, and English in Matric
- Must study or have the intention of in one of the fields of study mentioned above.
- Must study or has been conditionally accepted to study at one of the South African Universities of Technology or Universities.
- If currently studying at the tertiary level, must have a good academic record.
Failure to meet all of these requirements can lead to the application not getting considered.
How to Apply and Application Details
Interested applicants can apply in the following ways:
Applicants must submit their accomplished application forms together with clear copies of these supporting documents:
- A certified copy of an ID document
- A certified copy of the Matric certificate
- If currently studying at the tertiary level, a full academic record.
- If currently studying, the most recent transcript or exam results.
- Proof of enrolment or provisional acceptance at a University of Technology or University.
- A motivational letter that explains why the student deserves to receive the bursary (maximum of two paragraphs).
- Proof of residence (this can be in the name of the student’s parent or guardian.
- Proof of household income:
- Employment letter
- If employed, a signed affidavit
- If applicable, proof of SASSA grants
- If applicable, bank statement or pension slip reflecting pension payment
- If applicable, proof of UIF
- Proof of other benefits including disability, retirement, life, etc.
- Accomplished UTT Payment Form
- Accomplished UTT Bursary Agreement
Interested students must submit these documents completely. Any items missing will lead to the application getting disregarded.
None – interested students may apply any time as applications remain open all year round.
Address: 7 Mispel Road, Bellville, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Tel: 021 938 3500
E-mail: [email protected]