WSP is a professional services firm that provides engineering, research, technical and consulting solutions to vast varieties of sectors such as aerospace, aviation, automotive, chemical, construction, consumer products, energy, environment, healthcare, maritime, metal, mining, transportation, residential, retail, telecommunications and water industries. The company employs about 43000 professionals from Americas, EMEIA and the Asia Pacific, Chile, Peru and Mexico, UK and Ireland and the Middle East region.
WSP bursary scheme is open to qualified applicants who are currently studying Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical and Civil) and Environmental Science degrees at accredited South African educational institutions. Bursaries are only offered for 2nd-year students and upwards for the Engineering fields. Bursary holders will be expected to perform vacation work within the duration of their studies. Upon completion of their studies, bursary holders may also be offered job opportunities from WSP.
Aside from technical abilities, students should also demonstrate necessary skills which will help them succeed such as enthusiasm, motivation, innovation, problem-solving, reliance, time management, leadership, teamwork, attention to detail, communication skills, community participation, willingness to learn and ability to work under pressure.
WSP Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Applicants with previously disadvantaged background will be given preference
- 2nd year and up students currently studying towards an Electrical Engineering/ Civil Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering bachelors degree
- Minimum 65% overall average
Environmental Science applicants:
- Environment students towards a Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Science (Honours) qualification
- Minimum 75% overall average
Student must have the following key competencies/generic skills:
- Demonstrate a sense of community
- Work constructively as part of a team
- Willingness to learn and accept constructive feedback
- Work well under pressure, managing stress and maintaining resilience as necessary
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Time and priority management skills
- Take ownership and initiative
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Solution seeking
- Innovative thinking skills
- Entry level demonstration of leadership skills
How to Apply and Application Details
- Applications must be done online at:
Civil Engineering students, click here.
Electrical Engineering students, click here.
Mechanical Engineering students, click here.
Environmental Sciences students, click here.
- Accompany your application with certified copies of the following documents:
- ID and/or passport
- Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Two written references
- Matric Results
- Latest Tertiary Results
18 October 2019
WSP Group Africa (PTY) LTD
Address: 33 Sloane Street Johannesburg, Gauteng 2191
Post: PO Box 98867 Sloane Park 2152