About Afrimat Group
Afrimat Group is a prominent medium-tier mining and materials company that supplies an extensive range of products- right from Industrial Minerals (lime and lime products), Bulk Commodities (manganese, anthracite, and iron ore) to Construction Materials (bricks, blocks, ready mix concrete, pavers, aggregates).
Adding to this, the Group also supplies Future Metals and Materials such as rare earth elements, vermiculite, phosphate, and green construction materials.
Afrimat has had impressive milestones over 50 years and has grown to be one of the successful companies with an excellent reputation in the mining and materials supply industry. The Afrimat Group also offers complete pit-to-port solutions to numerous industries including construction, mining, and quarries all across South Africa. The Group is set to consistently explore new opportunities and grow its product range by leveraging a diversification strategy.
In 2006, the Group was listed on the JSE Main Board, and today is listed in the Basic Materials: General Mining Sector. Afrimat aims to protect the environment, deliver sustainable wealth and growth for the company’s shareholders, and at the same time improve the quality of life of the employees, and all the connected people and communities throughout South Africa.
Afrimat Iron Ore Engineering Bursaries 2024
The Afrimat Iron Ore invites students to apply for the following Bursaries for the year 2024.
- Mining Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
Successful candidates will receive financial aid to cover required study materials, tuition fees, and prescribed textbooks. Moreover, Afrimat may offer internship opportunities or vacation work to successful candidates to help them acquire industry experience and exposure.
Students willing to apply for the Afrimat Iron Ore Engineering Bursaries for 2024 must abide by the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be in Grade 12/Matric in the year 2023 and intend to study any one of the three degrees mentioned above (Mechanical, Mining, or Metallurgical Engineering)
- Must have a valid South African ID
- Must belong to the Northern Cape
- Must have a minimum average of 70% in Science and Maths in the final result of Grade 11
- The bursary is awarded on a provisional basis, and the applicant must pass their Matric with an average of 70% in Science and Maths. The applicant must also have final acceptance at an accredited University of South Africa.
- Applicant must provide proof of provisional acceptance at any accredited University of South Africa.
- Must be medically fit in line with the medical fitness standards of the Mine Health, Safety Act and the Company.
Important Note: Applications coming from historically underprivileged students and those belonging to the designated groups will be prioritized in accordance with Afrimat’s commitment to diversify the manpower and Employment Equity. The Company strives to employ ethical and fair recruitment practices that ensure efficient performance, inclusion, and diversity, and boost job opportunities.
How to apply?
Go to this link and fill up the Application Form: Afrimat Iron Ore Engineering Bursaries 2024 Application Form
Make sure to upload all the required documents in ONE FILE not larger than 3 MB size.
Any missing document or incomplete information will lead to your application being rejected.
Students applying for the Afrimat Iron Ore Engineering Bursaries 2024 must upload the documents listed below in one file: (File Size should not be large than 3 MB)
- Certified Grade 11 academic record
- Certified copy of ID
- Certified proof of residence
- Acceptance proof at a reputed tertiary institution
If the applicant is provisionally selected for the bursary and does NOT meet the average %, the Group will cancel their bursary.
The application deadline is 28 July 2023.
Note: Only the selected candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive any response from the Company, consider your application unsuccessful.
For any queries related to the Afrimat Iron Ore Engineering Bursaries 2024, contact the Group directly:
Tel: +27 21 917 8840
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/