ArcelorMittal South Africa Limited, boasting a remarkable annual production capacity of 7.8 million tonnes of liquid steel, holds the distinction of being Africa’s largest steel producer. The company’s origins trace back to its founding in 1928 when it operated under the name Iscor Ltd, serving as a South African state-owned steel enterprise.
ArcelorMittal South Africa stands as an integral part of the ArcelorMittal group, which maintains a global industrial footprint encompassing 27 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, and Asia.
ArcelorMittal Bursary 2024
ArcelorMittal South Africa welcomes applications from students seeking to participate in their bursary program for the 2024 academic year. The bursaries offered will support undergraduate studies across various fields, including but not limited to:
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
The bursary will provide funds for the following expenses: tuition fees, registration fees, books, and accommodation allowances, a one-time laptop allowance, and food.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered:
- The applicant must hold a South African citizenship
- The applicant must be either pursuing a Matric or have completed his/her matriculation
- You must study or plan to study full-time, pursuing a 4-year Engineering degree in one of the above-specified disciplines.
- Your educational institution must be a recognized and accredited university in South Africa.
- If you are currently in Matric, you must have successfully completed Matric with English, Physics, and Mathematics as subjects.
- For current university students, you must have passed all the courses you were registered for during the previous study period.
How to Apply?
You must submit your applications online at: ArcelorMittal Bursary Application 2024
You need to submit copies of the below-mentioned required documents along with your online application form. Note that all the documents below are mandatory for consideration of your application.
- Your updated CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- Current Matric students must submit their latest Matric results.
- Students currently studying at the University must submit their latest academic record.
The last date for submission of the application is 18 October 2023. Make sure to submit your application before the due date.
For any inquiries concerning this bursary program, please reach out to ArcelorMittal directly at:
Tel: 016 889 9111
Consider reading the bursary FAQs before raising any queries.