Aurecon was formed in 2009 with the merger of Africon, a South African privately owned infrastructure consultancy, Connell Wagner, an Asia Pacific multi-disciplinary infrastructure consulting company and Ninham Shand, a South African engineering and environmental consultancy. The newly formed global group which is now Aurecon, provides design, delivery and services like digital and infrastructure advisory, building and ground engineering and asset management and geospatial systems worldwide. The group provides services for Aviation, Construction, Data & Telecommunications, Defence, Energy, Government, Health, Manufacturing, Property, Resources, Transport and Water industries.
Some of Aurecon’s projects include Western Sydney Stadium, Global Switch, Base Engineering Assessments Programme for Commonwealth of Australia Department of Defence and the Brisbane Ferry Terminals in Australia, Clandeboye Lactose Evaporator Project in New Zealand, MOTIONGATE™ Dubai in United Arab Emirates, Gabbro terminal expansion in Qatar, Kasane-Kazungula Villages Sanitation Project in Botswana, Macau Eiffel Tower in Macau as well as Sol Plaatje University Library and Student Resources Building, Lesotho Highlands Water Project and KwaMashu Interchange in South Africa.
Aurecon bursaries are awarded to qualified students studying in areas specifically related to the company’s needs. The bursaries cover up to R90,000.00 per annum to each successful applicants to support them in their studies. Bursaries are renewed each academic year and will depend on the student’s academic performance. After graduation, grantees are then required to work with Aurecon for equal amount of time the bursary is awarded. This responsibility does not include in-service training periods.
Aurecon Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizen
- Students of BSc or BEng in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering undergraduate Degrees at recognised Universities in South Africa with Proof of registration/acceptance
- Grade 12 who have 5 symbol or higher in Mathematics and Science since Grade 11
- Minimum of 70% aggregate
How to Apply and Application Details
- Applications must need to be done online. Click here to visit the application page and you will be required to register an account before you can log in and apply.
- Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application. :
- Copy of CV
- Certified copy of South African ID
- Certified copy of Academic Transcripts
- Matric certificate AND full tertiary academic record, if currently at tertiary level (certified copies)
- Proof of University registration or acceptance
Applications are currently closed.
Click here for relevant bursary opportunities.
Address: Aurecon Centre, Lynnwood Bridge Office Park, 4 Daventry Street, Lynnwood Manor 0081 South Africa
Tel: +27 12 427 2000
Fax: +27 86 556 0521