Canyon Coal Bursaries
The Canyon Coal bursary was founded mainly to address the shortage of skills required within the Mining Sector. The bursary fund programme also has some main objectives, Such as;
- Aims to help deserving individuals who have potential but financially disadvantaged to continue studying through higher education
- Promote education based on needs and necessity,
- Introduce education as the heart of socio-economic development,
- Acknowledgment of education as right regardless of race, religion and gender,
- Address the needs and demands of skilled personnel to meet the challenges of a democratic South Africa in striving for effective delivery of service to the poor, vulnerable and the needy.
- Canyon Coal recognizes the need to administer and manage the bursary fund in an equitable, fair and transparent manner to fulfill the needs of the company and also redress the effects of the Apartheid System specifically in education. The intention is to balance the individual applicant’s career aspirations with the service delivery imperatives of Canyon Coal.
The company committee grants bursaries annually for all critical fields.
About Canyon Coal
Canyon Coal is a coal mining and exploration group of companies with operations in the Mpumalanga and Gauteng provinces of South Africa, as well as Hakhano, Phalanndwa and Singani Collieries. Hakhano and Singani produce bituminous coal for the export market while Phalanndwa Colliery produces a sub-bituminous product for both local and export markets.
The company has also active exploration activities such as Khanye Colliery in Bronkhorstspruit, Gauteng, where a mining right was granted to develop the resource. It also has further upcoming projects including Ukufisa Colliery in Gauteng, De Wittekrans and Witfontein in Mpumalanga which will start in the year 2018 as well as the Springfield in Vereeniging to start in 2019.
Canyon Coal Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Admission to an Institution of Higher Education
- Students who wish to continue studies within the Mining sectors
- Proven financial need
- Good academic performance
- Residents within the mining area such as Middelburg or Delmas or Springs area.
- Preference will be given to female students, as well as those with disabilities
How to Apply and Application Details
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are to download the Canyon Coal Bursary Application Form. (pdf)
Submit your application with the following documents:
- ID documents of both applicant and financial sponsors i.e. parents/guardians
- Final results of June examinations
- Final results of December examinations
- For applicants with employed parents/guardians, an official company letter stating their income or most recent payslip no older than six months
- Applicants with parents/guardians who are not currently employed must send official confirmation of temporary income
Accomplish the application form completely and accurately. Completed application forms, along with all required supporting documents, will need to sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your email subject line must read “Canyon Coal Bursary Application – Your full name”.
Opening and Closing Date
Applications are currently closed.
Click here for relevant bursary opportunities.
Physical Address: 7th Floor, 13 Fredman Drive, Fredman Towers, Sandton, 2196, Johannesburg, South Africa
Postal Address: P.O.Box 2632, Saxonwold, 2132
Tel: +27 11 783 7996
Fax: +27 11 783 0816