Are you passionate about making a career in the mining industry? Do you want to contribute to the success of your nation through your profession but need financial help? If yes, then a bursary program can come to your aid.
A bursary program contributes towards the study-related expenditure of the students and assists them to pursue their careers. The Cullinan Diamond bursary is one such program initiated by Petra Diamond to assist and encourage the youth of the nation.
About Petra Diamonds
Founded in the year 1997 by Adonis Pouroulis, Petra Diamonds is one of the leading mining companies in South Africa. Despite its short history, the company has achieved great success and has been a game-changer in the diamond industry.
Petra Diamonds has its operations based in Cullinan, Finsch, Koffiefontein, and Kimberly Underground. The Cullinan Diamond Mine is renowned for producing the largest polished and rough diamond in the world. Petra Diamonds also has 8 massive mining operations that are conducted in different parts of South Africa and Tanzania. In addition to its mining operations, the company also conducts an exploration program in Botswana.
Cullinan Diamond Mine Bursary 2022
Petra Diamonds is committed to enhancing and expanding South Africa’s skill base and to achieve this goal it has started the Cullinan Diamond Mine bursary for students. The Cullinan Diamond Mine is located in the town of Cullinan. Through this bursary program, students can achieve the qualifications and skills required to make a career in the mining industry.
The presence of a young and skilled population in such sectors will help the nation to achieve success. The Cullinan Diamond bursary is being offered for the academic year 2022 for Degree studies in tertiary institutions towards mining-related fields.
The following fields of study are covered under this bursary program:
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
Students can opt for any of the above-mentioned fields of study and make a career for themselves through this bursary.
This bursary program covers the following expenses related to the course:
- Tuition fees
- Study materials
- Bi-annual cash allowance
- Travel allowance for vacation work & the cost of vacation work
Bursary Eligibility Criteria
Following are the eligibility criteria that students must meet if they wish to benefit from the bursary. Failure to meet the requirements will lead to the rejection of the application.
- Students must be South African Citizens
- One must have secured admission for the specified course at a University
- Applicants must fulfill the minimum standards as per the company vetting policy
- Students must be medically fit
- One should have a good academic performance at the current University
- Applicant should be keen on studying in the mining field and must intend to build a career within this industry
- One must be willing to relocate to rural areas if the work/project demands so
- Students must complete a panel interview assessment
- Those students studying in grade 12 must obtain a psychometric assessment report
- Following candidates will be given preference for the Cullinan Diamond Mine Bursary:
- Children of permanent employees
- Candidates applying on the company’s scholarship program
- Students from local and labor-sending areas who are South African citizens
- Candidates having an APS of 35 (engineering studies) and APS 31 (others)
- Those applicants who are working with Petra Diamond are required to submit the following documents for obtaining the bursary
- Internal Application form (authorized)
- Updated CV
- Certified ID document
- Qualification certificate and supporting documents
- Petra Diamond reserves the right to provide the bursary to students as it likes
- No recruitment fees or charges are levied for applying to the bursary program
- Shortlisted candidates will receive communication within 30 days from the closing date. If you do not receive any news then consider your application rejected
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a panel interview. The final decision to award the bursary rests with Petra Diamonds.
How to Apply?
- Students must download and complete the Cullinan Diamond Mine Bursary Application Form. (doc)
- The application form along with the supporting documents mentioned below should be sent to: Clive.Gounden@petradiamonds.com
Incomplete applications and incorrect documents will be rejected.
- A certified copy of your ID documents
- Certified copies of Qualifications completed
- Full academic transcript, including most recent results if currently studying at the tertiary level (on institutions letterhead)
- Updated CV
The last date of application is 8 November 2021
Telephone: +27 11 702 6900/ +27 11 706 3071
P.O. Box 71007
If the bursary has already been closed, you are requested not to contact Petra Diamonds. View our other bursaries open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/