About Durban eThekwini
eThekwini is a metropolitan municipality and is one of the 11 districts of KwaZulu-Natal province of South Africa that includes the city of Durban. eThekwini Municpality is responsible for governing and administering Durban. The eThekwini Metro Area (EMA) has racial and cultural diversity with an estimated over 3.46 million population according to South Africa Community Survey 2007 statistics.
Durban eThekwini Municipality Bursaries
EThekwini Municipality is offering bursaries to South African citizens interested in studying full-time in recognized public South African Universities in the field of:
- BSC/ B Eng: Civil
- BSC/ B Eng: Electrical (Heavy Current)
- BSC/ B Eng: Mechanical Engineering
- BSC Architecture
- BSC in Property Development
This Bursary will cover tuition, accommodation fees, book and meal allowance as well as computer allowance which is subject to agreement. The applicant has the responsibility to apply for admission to the accredited public higher education institution of choice as proven by letter of acceptance from the institution. The Bursary is only accepted for study programmes not less than three-year duration.
Durban eThekwini Municipality Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric;
- Good academic merit
- Students of accredited South African Higher Education Institutions
- Priority will be given to applicants who are underrepresented in terms of race, gender and disability and to eThekwini residents
- Students who passed their first year will be given preference
- Applicants underrepresented in terms of race, gender
How to Apply and Application Details
For the successful acceptance of candidature, you need to submit the following documents.
- Certified copy of passport or other ID documents
- Certified copy of A level or Matric certificate
- Certified copy of latest academic transcripts
- Full academic record, if currently studying at tertiary level (on tertiary letterhead)
- Proof of acceptance to study at a South African public university (on tertiary letterhead)
13 January 2023.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the eThekwini Municipal Academy directly:
Contact person: Nokulunga Sibiya
Tel: 031 311 3192 / 031 322 7535
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/