With operation facilities across Asia, Europe, Africa, and Australia, Exxaro is a big South African mining company for coal and heavy minerals. Previously a part of Kumba Resources, this JSE-listed company was known as Kumba Resources Limited. The company changed its name in 2006.
With headquarters in Pretoria West, South Africa, Exxaro Resources Limited prides itself as one of the black-empowered companies in South Africa. Exxaro Resources Limited follows a policy of zero waste emissions, zero effluent, wash-to-zero, and sustainable engineering. The company believes in providing opportunities and assisting, recruiting, educating, training, and preparing the youth for a successful career with a minimum degree requirement of 4 years. Exxaro strives to create a learning culture and ensures compliance with environmental, health, and safety requirements.
Exxaro Bursary 2023
Exxaro invites students to apply for their bursary in the upcoming academic year.
There are three bursary schemes
- Feeder Bursary Schemes (undergraduate studies)
- Eng in Industrial Engineering
- Eng Metallurgical Engineering
- Mine Surveying/ MRM
- Eng in Electrical Engineering
- Eng in Mechanical/ Mechatronic Engineering
- Sc in Mining Engineering
- Social Scheme Bursaries (students residing within communities of Exxaro operations)
- Occupational- & Speech Therapy
- Social Work & Psychology
- Education (Teaching English, Maths & Science & Early Childhood Development)
- Computer-, Data Sciences and Information Technology
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- Medicine, Optometry, Audiology & Nursing
- Sports Management & Biokinetics
- Students with disabilities bursary: This bursary covers all fields of study for students residing within Exxaro operations
The bursary covers the expenses of accommodation, meal allowance, registration fees, books, tuition fees, and cash allowance for other related expenses. Cover for tablet/ laptop and data can be provided as well.
Senior leaders, administrative support, and monitoring will assist selected candidates. They will receive practical work exposure, campus visits from talent managers, and contact exposure with other bursary recipients. Top-performing recipients will receive prizes and awards. All recipients of Exxaro Bursaries will receive professional in-training opportunities.
You have to suffice the following criteria to be considered for the bursary programme.
- The candidate must be a south-African citizen.
- The applicant must be studying full-time (4 years) for a degree qualification mentioned in the bursary (For Feeder Bursary Schemes)
- The applying candidates must be accredited and recognized by educational institutions in South Africa.
- For Geology, Electrical Engineering, and Mine Surveying/ MRM students, you must be in your 2nd year of study.
- For Industrial Engineering and Metallurgical Engineering students, you must be in your 2nd/ 3rd year of study.
- For Mechanical/ Mechatronic Engineering and Mining Engineering, you must be in your 2nd / 4th year of study.
- The candidate must be within the operating community of Exxaro, i.e., Limpopo, Mpumalanga, and surrounding areas (For Social Scheme Bursaries and students with disabilities bursary)
- The applicant must be studying full-time (3 years) for a degree qualification mentioned in the bursary (For Social scheme bursaries)
- The candidate must be with a disability and work full-time toward a degree
How To Apply?
To apply for Exxaro Bursary 2023, click on the application form link.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 31st March 2023. If you do not receive any feedback by the given date, consider your application unsuccessful.
You have to submit the following documents while applying for the bursary programme.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certified copies of ID document
- Certified copies of the Matric certificate
- Complete academic transcripts or records, preferably on the institution’s letterhead
- Proof of disability
- Proof of residence
The deadline for submitting the Exxaro Bursary 2023 is 6 March 2023 at 08:00 am. The bursary panel will reject applications submitted after the given deadline and date.
To solve queries related to the bursary, contact
Contact Page: https://www.exxaro.com/contact/
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/