The Industrial Development Corporation established Foskor in 1951 to produce phosphates for the agricultural sector in South Africa. Presently, Foskor is the exclusive producer of phosphate ore, phosphoric acid, and granular fertilizer in the country. The company primarily engages in phosphate rock mining, phosphoric acid, and phosphate-based fertilizer production. Mining activities are carried out in Limpopo, Phalaborwa, and the processing is carried out in Richards Bay, KwaZulu-Natal plant.
Foskor Bursary South Africa 2023
Foskor invites students to apply for its bursary programme for the academic year 2023/2024. The company will award bursaries to students pursuing Bachelor’s degrees in a range of disciplines, including:
- Electrical Engineering
- Accounting (BCom)
- Management Science (majoring in Business Analytics) (BCom)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- Mining Engineering
Foskor will contact shortlisted candidates by 21 April 2023. If you do not receive any updates by this date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
To qualify, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements. Note that failure to meet all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Completion of Matric is mandatory
- The applicant must have scored a minimum of 60% for Science and Mathematics or a Commercial subject on a higher grade
- Full-time enrolment in an undergraduate degree programme in one of the fields of study listed above
- Enrolment at a recognised and accredited South African University is a must
- There must be no other bursaries you are receiving
NOTE: Regardless of race or gender, the bursary is open to all the talented and deserving students.
How to Apply?
To apply for the bursary, the candidates need to submit an electronic copy of below mentioned documents through email.
Note: For this bursary, you do not need to complete any application form. To apply for this programme, students must submit only the list of documents mentioned below.
It is mandatory for all applicants to send their applications to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed specifically to Ms K Modiba.
While creating the email, write this reference number in your email subject line: “FOSB2023”
To apply, students who meet the above eligibility requirements must submit clear copies of the following documentation. The submission of these documents is mandatory, and failure to provide any item may result in disqualification of your application:
- Certified copy of your Identity (ID) document
- Certified copy of your Matriculation certificate
- A shortened Curriculum Vitae (CV) that includes your contact details (no more than one page)
- The proof of your enrollment at a tertiary institution on the institution’s letterhead, indicating your field of study.
The last date for submission of the application is 14 April 2023. To ensure that your application is considered, kindly submit it before the closing date, as applications submitted after this date will not be accepted.
Contact Foskor directly if you have any questions about this bursary programme:
In the event that the bursary application has already been closed, please do not contact Foskor. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/