Established in 1988, GIBB is a renowned South African engineering consulting firm. The company is 67% black owned, making it one of the biggest Black-owned engineering consulting firms in Africa.
GIBB offers a wide range of services throughout their engineering consultancy spectrum, including planning sessions with clients, designing, and management. The subsidiaries of GIBB include GIBB (Pty) Ltd, Arcus GIBB Nigeria, ACE GIBB, GIH Limited, and SVA International (Pty) Ltd.
Branches of GIBB are present throughout South Africa as well as in Botswana, Ghana, Lesotho, Nigeria, Tanzania, Seychelles, Swaziland, and Zambia.
The market sectors of GIBB include:
- Dams, Hydropower, and Underground Works
- Environmental Services
- Housing and Community Infrastructure (Urban and Rural Planning)
- Integrated Infrastructure Services
- Traffic and Transportation Services (including Airports and Aviation, Railway Engineering Services, Roads and Railway Services)
Incorporating international standards like ISO9001, the organization has successfully executed various impressive projects across the African continent. GIBB has been operating flawlessly for over 60 years and has constantly been evolving, changing, and growing to meet the unique demands of its clients. GIBB has been the preferred partner for state-owned enterprises, government organizations, and private enterprises.
The company has established a solid footprint in the continent as a leading multi-disciplinary firm. GIBB consists of skilled, professional, and efficient team members. The company currently employs 800 staff members, and its impressive roster of clients includes the City of Cape Town, Eskom, Rand Water, OR Tambo District Municipality, and Eskom.
GIBB Engineering Bursary 2023
GIBB is awarding bursaries to students for the upcoming academic year to pursue a civil engineering degree (Masters, Honors, Undergraduate) specializing in Civil Engineering, Roads, and Rails.
The bursary will cover the expenses of prescribed accommodation, textbooks, tuition fees, and travel costs, as applicable. Shortlisted candidates will have the opportunity to partake in vacation work. They will also be allowed to finish practical training. After graduation, the candidate has to work in any GIBB office in South Africa.
Based on the candidate’s academic performance, the bursary will be renewed each year. The average marks should be above 60%.
Eligibility Criteria Of The Bursary
Candidates have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria before applying for the application
- The candidate should be a South African citizen
- Matriculation is a prerequisite for the application
- The applying candidate must be pursuing a full-time civil engineering degree, specializing in Civil Engineering, Roads and Rails
- The applicant should be entering the second year in the upcoming academic year
- The candidate must be studying at a recognized and accredited University in South Africa
How To Apply For The Bursary?
Applicants need to apply online at GIBB Engineering Bursary Application 2023.
The application must be submitted online.
The following documents are essential to complete the application
- Certified copy of your Identity (ID) documents
- Certified copy of your matriculation certificate
- Certified copies of all your tertiary academic records
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Closing Date Of The Bursary
The closing date for the GIBB Engineering Bursary 2023 is 15 November 2022. GIBB will not consider applications eligible if the form submission is made post-deadline.
To receive any information related to the bursary, please contact
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/