About the Harmony Gold Mining Company
Harmony is a world-class gold mining and exploration company operating in South Africa and Papa New Guinea. It is an experienced gold producer in South Africa.
Harmony was incorporated in 1950 as a public company on a mining lease. A board of directors are responsible for directing the company goals and projects. It is a dual-listed company with its primary listing on the JSE Limited and a secondary listing on the NYSE.
Being many years in the industry, Harmony has made a reputation as an expert and competes in the market of gold mining specialists with a sizeable copper footprint. The company promotes itself as a responsible citizen.
Harmony Gold Bursary 2023
The objective of the Harmony Gold bursary is to recruit and select bursars from communities surrounding our Operations for full-time study at accredited tertiary institutions. The bursary accommodates students entering or already at tertiary institutions.
Qualifications in the following disciplines will be eligible for bursaries:
- Finance: Members of the finance department oversee all financial transactions carried out on the company’s behalf. These transactions are classified and valued daily.
- Geology: At an early stage in the mining process, the geologists will apply their knowledge to the practical solution of problems in the underground environment, liaising closely with production teams.
- Human Resources: The human resources team oversees finding, recruiting, developing, evaluating, and awarding our personnel, as well as ensuring that the organization complies with all applicable wage and hour laws.
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineering: They oversee the safe installation, operating condition, and management of all electrical and mechanical machinery, as well as all structures and buildings at the procedure.
- Metallurgy: Metallurgists are skilled and experienced in the physical and chemical behaviour of metal and their combinations, especially gold in the case of Harmony. They are also knowledgeable about how technology advances gold’s practical uses.
- Mining Engineering: Mining engineers are well-versed in the philosophy, practice, science, technology, and application of obtaining and refining gold from the earth. They are involved in every stage of this procedure and are well-versed in explosives.
Interested applicants must comply with the following needs to apply for the Harmony Gold Bursary 2023. Please note that your applications stand disqualified if you fail to complete all of these:
- Applicants must be between 18 and 35 years of age.
- Applicants should have a valid South African identity document (SA Citizen).
- National Senior Certificate with all subject scores of 60% and above.
- Students who want to study in the field of Engineering must have a minimum of 70% for Mathematics & Physical Science.
- Students already at tertiary institutions must have an average of 60% and above in all major subjects.
- Must be studying or planning to on a full-time basis
- Curriculum Vitae (3 pages).
How to Apply?
You can submit the applications through mail or by post at the following addresses:
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Send it through the post at:
Harmony Bursary Scheme, PO Box 2,
Randfontein, Johannesburg, 1760
Candidates eligible to apply for the bursary programme are requested to submit the following documents in addition to their application form. Applications without supporting documents are null.
- A certified Identity Document copy.
- Certified proof of your results (grade 12 students shall submit grade 11 December results and Grade 12 Mid-Term results or Preliminary results)
- The complete details of your academic transcript if already at an Institution of Higher Learning.
- Your curriculum vitae/resume (Max 3 pages)
- The company will reject incomplete forms.
- Applicants who already have other sponsors stand disqualified.
- Harmony awards bursaries only for the year following the one in which the application is.
- Please note that the bursary allocations depend on the companies’ future labor requirements and talent planning, Harmony does not always have bursaries for all disciplines. As the situation differs from year to year, it is advised that you re-apply the following year if you get rejected.
- If Harmony has not responded within 21 days of the closing date, your application stands unsuccessful. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted applicants only.
The last date for application is 31 December 2022. To ensure your application is considered, please apply before the closing date.
If you have any questions or inquiries regarding the bursary program, please directly contact:
Name: Kitsi Taunyana
Phone: 018 700 3347
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/