A giant in the aluminium industry, Hulamin is a semi-fabricator business that services the southern African region, as well as several international agents who sell their products to manufacturers and distributors across the globe. Regarded as one of the most versatile metals to use, aluminium has several applications across a variety of industries.
As a semi-fabricator, Hulamin produces flat-rolled aluminium products, such as sheets, plates, and foil. Being a firm believer in investing in human capital, Hulamin offers bursaries to students for studies in metallurgical, electrical, industrial, and mechanical engineering, as well as accounting. This forms part of the company’s extensive sustainability commitments.
The Hulamin company is one of the leading manufacturers of aluminum products. It offers bursaries given every year in many disciplines important to the performance of the company. The bursaries are available in the following disciplines for 1st to 4th years undergraduates studies:
- Electrical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- B-Com Accounting
- BSc Computer Science/Statistics/Maths
These bursaries cover the following:
- Accommodation Fees
- Book Fees & laptop
- Meal Fees
- Registration Fees
- Tuition Fees
- Yearly Cash Allowance
- Medical Aid Insurance
- Ad an opportunity to work during your vacation period
Hulamin Bursaries Requirements and Eligibility
Interested applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a citizen of South Africa.
- Must have a previously disadvantaged background.
- Must live in Pietermaritzburg or in the surrounding areas.
- Must the entry requirements at one of the approved universities for the field of study the applicant wants to pursue.
- Must have a desire to pursue their first degree.
How to Apply and Application Details
Applicants may download and fill-up the application form by clicking here: Hulamin Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form:
- A certified copy of your ID document (not older than 3 months)
- A certified copy of your matric certificate, if completed Matric
- A certified copy of your matric latest results, if currently in Matric
- A certified copy of your full academic record, if currently studying
- University pre-acceptance letter (on university letterhead)
- A bursary motivational letter to support your application (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
Upon completion, email the application form with the above supporting documentation to email@example.com.
If applicants don’t receive any notification by the end of October, it means that their applications were unsuccessful.
The bursary closing date is set for 23 September 2022.
For further inquiries relevant to this bursary program, please contact Hulamin directly:
Address: Moses Mabhida Road, Pietermaritzburg
Tel: +27 033 395 6911
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/