About Illovo Sugar Ltd
Illovo Sugar Ltd. is Africa’s biggest sugar producer and supplier operating in six African countries to consumer as well as industrial markets. The group also exports sugar not only in African countries but also worldwide especially European Union and USA.
Illovo Sugar has agricultural and manufacturing operations in six African countries namely South Africa, Swaziland, Mozambique, Malawi, Tanzania and Zambia. Illovo is listed on the JSE and is a division of Associated British Foods plc. As a sugar producer and supplier, Illovo also has products ranging from sugar cane, sugar and syrup, furfural, ethanol and other sugar derivatives as well as electricity production.
Illovo Sugar Ltd Bursaries
The company currently offers bursaries to University students from previously disadvantaged groups in South Africa. Students who wish to continue their undergraduate studies in the following fields:
- Electrical Engineering (heavy)
- Electrical Engineering (light)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
The bursary covers academic (such as registration, tuition and examination fees), accommodation, meals and books costs. The grantees are required to work for Illovo Sugar as well as complete course-related practical training at one of Illovo’s Operating Centres.
Successful candidates will be required to perform vacation work for Illovo Sugar if necessary. Practical training course may also be required at one of Illovo’s Operating Centres.
Illovo Sugar Ltd Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizens
- Above-average academic results
- Students who will be enrolling for the second year in 2020 at either a University or University of Technology.
- Preference will be given to students who come from communities surrounding the Illovo SA operations.
- Bursaries will be awarded in line with Illovo’s employment equity targets.
How to Apply and Application Details
Use the following URL to register – and follow the step by step guide attached to create a profile, upload documents.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric students: latest results (mid-year) AND proof of acceptance to study in one of the above fields at a University or Technikon (on tertiary letterhead)
- Tertiary students: Matric certificate (certified copy) AND latest academic results (on tertiary letterhead)
- Parents Salary Slips / Affidavit
- Curriculum Vitae
Applications are currently closed.
Click here for relevant bursary opportunities.
Address: 1 Nokwe Avenue Ridgeside Umhlanga Rocks Durban
Post: PO Box 194 Durban 4000
Tel: +27 31 508 4300
Fax: +27 31 508 4499