About Kumba Iron Ore
Kumba Iron Ore was founded in November 2006, operating primarily in South Africa with mining operations in the Northern Cape and Limpopo provinces and port operations in Saldanha Bay in the Western Cape province. The company is a leading supplier of high-quality iron ore to the global steel industry. Kumba is listed on the Johannesburg Securities Exchange (JSE).
Kumba Iron Ore Bursary 2022
The Kumba Iron Ore bursary is for students entering their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd-year of study towards acquiring a Diploma, BTech qualification, or Degree in the following fields of study:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Minerals Surveying
The bursary will cover all study-related expenses including:
- Tuition fees
- Prescribed textbooks
The duration of the bursary agreement will depend on the current year of study of the student. Students must participate in vacation work in the Northern Cape during the holidays where they will get paid. The recipients of this bursary may join the graduate programme of the company after they graduate. This depends on the student’s performance and available placement.
Applicants who qualify for the bursaries will get contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. Those who don’t receive any feedback should consider their application unsuccessful. Those who qualify will then have to take part in interviews and assessments.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
Interested applicants must satisfy the following criteria.
- Must be a citizen of South Africa
- Must have already completed Matric
- Must be currently studying or intends to study towards a Diploma, BTech qualification, or Degree in one of the fields of study mentioned above
- Must enter their 1st, 2nd, or 3rd-year of study
- Must be currently accepted or registered to study at one of the South African Universities
- Must have achieved at least 65% as their overall average
- Must have the willingness and ability to complete vacation work during the holidays in the Northern Cape
- Must have the willingness to obtain a Driver’s Licence during the course of the bursary
- Preference will go to students from the Northern Cape province and the communities in the mining area
- Driver’s Licence: Code B (Light vehicle) must be obtained during the bursary period
- Operational experience in the mining industry during vacation work periods
Failure to satisfy all of these requirements will lead to the application getting disregarded.
How to Apply and Application Details
Applications may register and apply online at https://careerwise.co.za/bursaries/online-application/
Please use the promotional code: KIO2022 when registering your profile.
Applicants must also submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with their accomplished application form:
- A certified copy of an ID document
- A certified copy of the Matric certificate for applicants who have already completed Matric
- A certified copy of the most recent Matric results for applicants currently in Matric
- Complete tertiary academic record for applicants currently at tertiary level printed on the school’s letterhead
- Proof of University provisional acceptance or registration printed on the university’s letterhead
- Proof of residence for applicants who live in the Northern Cape province
- A certified copy of a Driver’s Licence
Note: Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will not be considered without the attachment of valid copies of ID, academic results and/or licences required as indicated in the requirements for the bursary.
30 April 2022
Address: Centurion Gate, 124 Akkerboom Street, Centurion 0175
Tel #: +27 12 683 7000
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/