About Magalies Water Board
Magalies Water Board is an SOE (State Owned Enterprise) that supplies bulk water to various municipalities in South Africa. Besides that, it serves industrial plants and mining operators in regions like Limpopo, Gauteng, and North West.
The Board was initially formed in 1969 to supply water to the platinum mines located in the Thabazimbi and Rustenburg areas. Later, it started providing water to other sectors are locations.
As an organisation, the goal of the Magalies Water Board is to provide the highest quality of water and positively impact lives within the community.
Magalies Water Bursary 2023
The Magalies Water Board is offering financial assistance to students who are in need of it in the form of bursaries. These bursaries are part of the youth development initiative. It aims to improve the educational qualification of disadvantaged students. Along with that, it also increases the available pool of talent in the country.
For the academic year 2023, the bursaries will be awarded in the following fields of study:
- Mechanical Engineering (Bachelors Degree/ Diploma NQF6/ N4-N6)
- Electrical Engineering (Bachelors Degree/ Diploma NQF6/ N4-N6)
- Civil Engineering (Bachelors Degree/ Diploma NQF6/ N4-N6)
- Water Care (Advance Diploma/ Diploma NQF6)
- Chemistry/Analytical Chemistry (Bachelors Degree/ Diploma NQF6)
- Biotechnology/Microbiology (Bachelors Degree/ Diploma NQF6)
The value of the bursary will be decided on a case-by-case basis. It will depend on the course you’re pursuing, expenses you’re incurring, and other factors. More will be communicated to shortlisted candidates. The Board should get back to you no later than 30 December 2022. Those who do not receive any email should consider their application rejected.
Bursary Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the bursary, you must fulfill all the eligibility criteria laid out by Magalies Water Board. Since the number of bursaries is limited and applicants often outnumber them, it can’t award everyone. Therefore, the criteria serve as the first qualification round. Failing to meet all the requirements will result in the cancellation of your application. Therefore, always cross-check before applying.
Here are the eligibility requirements for Magalies Water Bursary 2023:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be between the age of 18 and 35
- Must have completed Matriculation
- You must be either pursue or willing to pursue one of the qualifications mentioned above at a recognised tertiary institution
- You must be either studying or willing to study full-time and not part-time or in distance mode
- Must have scored no less than 65% overall average at the tertiary level
Fulfilling all the criteria, however, doesn’t guarantee you’ll receive the funding. Preference is given to those that belong to a previously disadvantaged background, female students, and people with disabilities. Students residing within the areas where Magalies Water Board operates also get priority over others. The decision taken by the Board will be considered final.
How to Apply?
If you consider yourself eligible for the bursary programme, move forward with the application process and apply. It’s a short application process that shouldn’t take more than an hour. But you should be diligent and take your own time. Incorrect or incomplete submissions are rejected without further consideration. Here are the steps involved in applying for the Magalies Water Bursary 2022:
To get started, you must fill out the official Magalies Water Bursary Application Form. It has got four sections, and you need to complete all of them. Read the instructions clearly before starting.
The next step is to prepare the documents that are needed for this bursary. These are required to process your application further. Here is the list of documents:
- ID documents (certified copies)
- Matric certificate (certified copies)
- Full academic record including the most recent academic results, if currently pursuing the qualification (must be on institution letterhead)
- Proof of acceptance letter for 2022, if applicable
- Proof of residence
- Proof of income of parents/guardians (payslips if employed; affidavit if unemployed)
Email your application along with the documents to ‘email@example.com.’ For the subject, insert ‘Magalies Water Bursary Application 2022.’
The last date to apply for the Magalies Water Bursary is 30 November 2022. Submissions made after this post date will not be accepted.
For any queries regarding the bursary programme, get in touch with the Magalies Water Board at:
- Telephone – 014 597 4636
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
If the bursary has already been closed, you are requested not to contact Magalies Water Board. View our other bursaries open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/