About Mbuyelo Mining Contractors (MMC)
A sister company of the Mbuyelo Group, Misty Sea Trading (Pty) Ltd, was established in 2011 as Mbuyelo Mining Contractors (MMC). A full range of opencast mining services is provided by MMC – from constructing and maintaining roads, pit-pumping services, truck and shovel, through to drilling and blasting, stockpile management, and mine rehabilitation.
This company’s name derives from a Xitsonga term that means ‘returns’. In general, a company’s success is driven by its rewards (or returns).
Mbuyelo Bursary 2023
Students are invited to apply for Mbuyelo Mining Contractors’ bursary programme for the academic year 2023.
There will be bursaries available for undergraduate degree studies in the following fields:
- Human Resources
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Psychology
- Mining Engineering
In order to renew the bursary, students must maintain a good academic record each year. Mbuyelo will contact the successful candidates 30 days after the application closes. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you don’t hear back by 31 October 2022.
Before applying, you must meet these minimum requirements. Applications that do not comply with all requirements will not be considered:
- It is necessary for you to be a citizen of South Africa
- Currently enrolled in Matriculation or have completed it
- As of 2023, you must be pursuing or planning to pursue a qualification in any of the above fields
- The applicant must be pursuing or enrolled to study at an accredited and recognized South African institution.
- Your academic record must be strong
- If you are currently enrolled in Matric, your overall average must be 60%
- If you are currently studying at the tertiary level, your overall average in all major subjects must be 60%
- Students residing in the following areas will be given preference: Steve Tshwete, Chief Albert Luthuli, and Emakhazeni Municipalities
How to Apply?
Applicants must submit their application online at Mbuyelo Bursary Application
In addition to your application, please provide the following documents. It is mandatory to submit copies of all these documents. A missing item may disqualify your application:
- A copy of your identity document (certified copy)
- If you are in Matric, please provide your latest results (certified copy)
- Provisional acceptance letter proof or university registration proof (on letterhead of the institution)
- If you are currently studying, please provide a copy of your academic record (on the letterhead of the institution)
- Residence proof (certified by the municipality or local authority)
The deadline for the application is 30 September 2022. Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered. So make sure you apply before the deadline.
Should you have any queries regarding this bursary programme, please directly contact Mbuyelo at:
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel no.: 011 867 0836
Contact form link: https://www.mbuyelo.com/contact-us/
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/