MISA, the Municipal Infrastructure Support Agent, is a South African government agency, playing a significant role in empowering the country’s local governments in a number of ways. The agency provides technical and administrative support to the local governments for improving the overall quality of their services and infrastructure.
MISA works closely with the country’s municipalities to improve their technical, project management and financial capabilities. It assists them in the effective planning and maintenance of their services and infrastructure. Moreover, it supports local communities in achieving their development goals through multiple capacity-building and training programs.
The agency also contributes to the sustainable development goals of local communities, focusing on dealing with their water, sanitation, roads and energy related issues. MISA plays a vital role in developing South African communities by encouraging and promoting collaboration between communities and stakeholders.
MISA Bursary 2024
The MISA Bursary 2024, offered by the Municipal Infrastructure Support Agent of the South African government, aims at supporting students pursuing studies in the fields related to infrastructure development.
The bursary mainly focuses on developing a skilled workforce in the fields of engineering, project management and finance, as these study areas can contribute remarkably to the enhancement of municipal services across the country.
MISA invites all aspiring individuals in the country pursuing their studies in the following fields to apply for the MISA Bursary and take advantage of this marvelous opportunity.
The bursary is available for those pursuing undergraduate studies in the following fields:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Project and Construction Management/studies
- Urban and Regional Planning / Town and Regional Planning
- Environmental Management
And also for those pursuing a University Degree / National Diploma in any of these fields:
- Engineering (Civil or Electrical)
- Project and Construction Management
- Town and Regional Planning
- Environmental Management
The Bursary is also available for those interested in joining the study program at these colleges:
- TVET (FET Colleges) from N-2 to N-6 (Civil and Electrical Engineering)
The MISA Bursary will cover these expenses of the successful candidates:
- Registration fee
- Tuition fee
- Prescribed books and other prescribed study material
- On-campus meals
The applicants meeting the following criteria will be considered eligible for the MISA Bursary:
- Must be a citizen of South Africa.
- Must be a Matriculant or Grdae-12 student pursuing or intending to pursue one of the academic qualifications mentioned above.
- Must be eligible for enrollment in the desired field of study or must have already been enrolled for that. Students with matriculation certificates must meet the minimum requirements for enrolling in their chosen field of study. Continuing tertiary students must be eligible to move to the next level of their studies.
- Must be from a family with less than R600 000.00 of a combined annual gross income.
- Students from disadvantaged groups or rural areas will be preferred for the bursary.
- Students with any disability will be preferred for the bursary.
How to Apply?
First of all, you need to download the MISA Bursary Application Form 2024.
You can also download it from the MISA official website.
Just get in touch by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the application form.
After filling out the application form you can submit it to Ms. Nobuhle Latha or Ms. Thulisile Mosoeu at the email email@example.com.
You must mention your relevant discipline/study field while submitting your application.
Also make sure to submit all the required documents along with your application form, as your application will not be considered in case of any missing documents.
Remember that no faxed, hand-delivered or postal applications will be considered for the bursary.
All the applicants of the MISA Bursary must submit certified copies of the following documents along with their application form:
- Certified copy of your South African ID document
- Certified copy of your matric or Grade 12 latest results
- Certified copy of your Matric or Grade 12 certificate (if completed)
- Academic records, if currently studying anywhere (certified copy)
- Certified copy of academic tertiary results of last year if you are a continuing student
- Proof of registration/ acceptance if a new learner entering tertiary studies (on the letterhead of the institution)
- Enrolment form and proof of residence, if already studying (on the letterhead of the institution)
- An affidavit by parents or guardians confirming the total annual household income of less than R600 000
- Proof of parents’ income (pay slips) or an affidavit of unemployed parents.
- Your financial record or the statement of your account by your institution of higher learning
Please submit your application before the due date i.e. 31 December 2023 to ensure due consideration. Any application submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
In case of any queries related to the MISA Bursary 2024, please contact:
Ms Nobuhle Latha on 012 848 5529 or
Ms Thulisile Mosoeu on 012 848 5515.
Please do not send any queries after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/