PAMSA Bursary 2024 – 2025
The Paper Manufacturers Association of South Africa (PAMSA) offers bursaries to students who want to pursue a postgraduate Master of Engineering in Chemical Engineering at one of the registered South African universities.
The scholarship provides funding for 2 years of study valued at R160,000 for each year. Students who qualify get the opportunity to learn advanced skills during the postgraduate training within the following specialist fields:
- Chemical analysis
- Material and energy balances
- Material flow analysis
- Process modelling
- Separation techniques
- Wood science
Successful applicants will receive a notification for an interview in July 2023. After this process, applicants who don’t receive any feedback should consider their application unsuccessful.
About The Paper Manufacturers Association of South Africa (PAMSA)
PAMSA is a strong advocate for the use of paper, given that it is a recyclable and renewable resource. It has a variety of purposes and applications across dozens of industries, including education, packaging, and hygiene products. The association represents in excess of 90% of South Africa’s paper manufacturers, providing a forum of areas of mutual concern and engagement.
At its core, PAMSA believes in sustainability, competitiveness, and growth for all its member organisations. It also invests in the industry’s future by funding the final year BSc. Chemical Engineering students as they complete their Masters of Engineering (M.Eng.) degree.
PAMSA Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
To qualify for the Bursary, interested applicants must have the following requirements before submitting an application:
- Being a citizen of South Africa is an advantage but it isn’t essential.
- You must be a final year BEng/BSc Chemical Engineering student at a registered South African university or a BEng/BSc chemical engineering graduate.
- Must have completed their studies within 5 years.
- Must have a good academic record.
- Must have achieved at least 60% as their overall average in their final year of study.
Failure to comply with all of these requirements will result in the application getting disregarded.
How to Apply and Application Details
Interested applicants may apply online at: PAMSA Bursary Application 2024-2025
Along with the application form, applicants must submit clear copies of the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Supporting motivations (read our tips on how to write a bursary motivational letter here)
- A reference letter with a complete list of references with complete names, their relationship to the applicant, and contact details.
- Details about the applicant’s areas of interest.
If the applicants don’t submit all of these documents completely, their application will get disregarded.
The deadline for applications is:
Early bird – 9 June 2023*
Late sleeper – 30 June 2023
*Early bird applications will be given priority consideration provided they meet the minimum criteria.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact PAMSA directly:
Tel: +27 (0) 11 803 5063
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/