PPS Bursaries 2024
The Professional Provident Society or PPS Foundation was founded in 2016 with the main purpose of improving involvement to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) fields as well as to contribute to the sustainable development of South African communities.
The PPS Foundation is awarding bursaries to financially deserving students who with superior academic achievements in the fields of:
The company understands the scarcity of these important sectors in the country and therefore provides opportunities to combat the condition. Students can receive bursaries for the Humanities field as well.
The bursary candidates are selected based on their academic performance and financial need. The bursaries will be awarded from the first year of the degree course itself.
The bursary will cover the expenses of meals, textbooks, tuition fees, and university residence accommodation. Other resources are also provided to shortlisted candidates to enhance the teaching and learning experience.
Students in the first year of degree courses will have to attend contact support sessions held on campus by the PPS foundation throughout the year. At the end of each year, students have to submit their results for the renewal of scholarships for the next academic year.
PPS Foundation bursary will be paid directly to the institution and continuation is subject to academic results submitted by the bursary holder.
PPS specifies the application criteria and reserves the right to change the criteria at any time without prior notice to applicants. The PPS foundation also reserves the right to withdraw its financial aid if the bursary holder has breached any of the terms and conditions in any way.
About Professional Provident Society (PPS)
Established in 2016, the PPS Foundation aims to nurture the young talent in South Africa and provide ample opportunities to make Engineering, Mathematics, Science, and Technology accessible for all.
PPS is an authorized provider of financial services. The organization provides customized solutions for healthcare, insurance, and investment woes for graduate professionals. In fact, PPS is the only financial institution in South Africa that provides exclusive services for graduate professionals.
PPS aims to build a legacy that outshines its competitors by aiding the South African youth to build a bright future. Since its inception, more than a hundred students have received benefits from the bursary and in the future, it is hoped that the numbers will increase exponentially.
PPS Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
Before applying for PPS Foundation Bursary, applicants have to suffice the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must be a citizen of South Africa (between 18- 35 years of age) and should enrol for studying full-time in an accredited and recognized public tertiary institution in South Africa (the University of Technology or University)
- The household income of the candidate should not exceed R600 000 per annum.
- Students pursuing a degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Science, and Technology fields will get preference.
- Deserving applicants coming from disadvantaged backgrounds (African, Indian, or Colored) will be given preference
How to Apply and Application Details
You can apply for the bursary programme by filling out the online application form: PPS Foundation Bursary Application 2024.
Applicants need to submit the application online.
The applicants need to submit the following documents along with their application to ensure the selection of candidature.
- Certified copy of ID document
- Latest academic transcripts, preferably on the letterhead of the institution; academic average should be a minimum of 65% for application
- Registration proof in an accredited and recognized educational institution in South Africa
- Financial statement about the student from the finance department of the educational institution
- Proforma invoice (for the prescribed textbooks)
- If living in private, then you need to submit the lease agreements
- Parents or guardian income proof (If employed, latest payslips; if unemployed then affidavit; (if applicable) pension or grant proof)
The closing date for the PPS Foundation Bursary is 15 January 2024.
To solve any queries related to the bursary, candidates can contact
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/