About Siyanda Bakgatka Mine (SBPM)
Siyanda Bakgatla Platinum Mine (Pty) Ltd (Union Mine), formerly RPM Union Section, is a platinum-producing mine in Swartklip, Limpopo, South Africa. Siyanda Resources and the Bakgatla-Ba-Kgafela Joint Venture bought the mine from Anglo American Platinum after it had been in operation for almost 40 years.
SBPM produces Palladium, Rhodium, Gold, and Chrome as by-products in addition to Platinum.
The SBPM Bursary 2022 – 2023
SBPM is providing an opportunity for students to apply for a bursary for the academic year 2023.
The bursary is applicable for students pursuing an undergraduate degree in any of the following fields:
- Information Technology
- Management Accounting
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mine Survey
- Rock Engineering
The bursary provides the following benefits:
- Cost of registration.
- Cost of tuition.
- Equipment and material for study.
- Monthly allowance.
- Workplace exposure is given through vacation work at SBPM.
The recipients of the bursary will need to handle the following during their courses of study.
- Follow SBPM’s student bursary agreement and fixed-term employment contract terms and conditions.
- Consistently get excellent academic results
- Maintain a high level of on-the-job performance.
- To be eligible for continued bursary assistance for the following academic year semester, you must achieve a minimum 60 percent average in all subjects or modules.
- Take charge of their education.
- On-time completion of given projects
- Initiate dialogues about professional growth on the job.
- Request feedback from your boss or coach.
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the bursary. There should not be any exception or the application will be rejected.
- The candidate must hold South African Citizenship.
- The candidate must have qualified matric or must be pursuing it currently.
- The candidate must be pursuing to intend to pursue a full-time course in any of the areas mentioned above.
- The candidate must be registered or studying at an accredited and established university within South Africa.
- The candidate must have an exceptional academic record.
- The candidate must have an average score of 60% in matric, first, second or third year.
- The candidate must be economically disadvantaged.
- The candidates residing near Siyanda Bakgatla Platinum Mine and disadvantaged groups will be given preference.
How to Apply?
The application needs to be submitted online. All the fields with their reference number and links to the applications are given below.
- For Information Technology (Ref no. 3472)
- For Mechanical Engineering (Ref no. 3484)
- For Metallurgical (Ref no. 3492)
- For Management Accounting (Ref no. 3498)
- For Mining (Ref no. 3480)
- For Mine Survey (Ref no. 3482)
- For Rock Engineering (Ref no. 3475)
The candidates are required to make an account and then log in to apply.
All the mentioned documents must be submitted with the application form without fail or the application will not be considered.
- Certified copies of ID documents.
- Certified copy of matric result, if pursuing it currently.
- Certified copy of Matric certificate, if done.
- Recent academic records and transcripts.
- Proof of enrollment or acceptance in a university.
- Residential proof.
- Proof of household income (payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed).
The application will be closed on 15 June 2022. All the candidates must complete the application before the deadline as no late submissions will be accepted.
Candidates can send their queries directly to the bursary provider:
Telephone: 014 786 1236
Contact person: Naomi Herbst
Email at Naomi.email@example.com
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/