Scatec Solar (formerly Scatec) is a global company specializing in the development, construction, operation, and maintenance of solar power plants. As part of its commitment to growth in emerging markets, the company develops clean, affordable, and renewable electricity generation sources.
The company generates power from wind, solar, hydroelectric, and other renewable resources in 18 countries (South Africa, Mozambique, Laos, Vietnam, Uganda, Brazil, Tunisia, Ukraine, Lesotho, Pakistan, Philippines, Argentina, Malaysia, Honduras, Jordan, Czech Republic, Rwanda, Egypt).
Since 2010, Scatec has played a key role in the solar energy sector in South Africa.
Scatec Bursaries 2023
For the 2023 academic year, Scatec is offering bursary funding to qualified students.
There will be bursaries available for Undergraduate degrees and Postgraduate degrees in the following fields:
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics (BEng)
- Engineering (BEng) in Mechanical
Note: There will be no coverage for diploma studies.
All expenses will be covered by the bursary, including tuition fees, lodging, registration fees, required textbooks, allowances for meals, as well as a one-time allowance for a computer, and calculator.
Bursary recipients will also have access to the following benefits: employment opportunities, professional development (vacation work after completing years two and three of studies) and psycho-social support (discussions with students, workshops, and the employee assistance programme).
As part of the work-back requirement, graduates may be required to work for Scatec after they graduate (depending on the needs of the company).
To apply, you must meet the following entry requirements. Please note that your application will not be considered if you do not meet all the requirements:
- Citizenship of South Africa is required
- Matriculated or currently enrolled in Matriculated
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degrees listed above are required to be studied full-time in 2023.
- If you are studying at, or intend to study at, a university recognized or accredited by the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA), you must be studying there or intending to study there (find out if your university is accredited here).
- If you are in Matric, you need to achieve an overall average of 70%
- If you are currently in Matric, you must pass Mathematics and Physical Science
- The overall average for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year students must be 50% or higher
- If you plan to enroll in a postgraduate program, you must have completed an undergraduate degree
- Applicants from previously disadvantaged groups in South Africa will be given preference
How to apply?
Please submit your application online here: Scatec Bursary Application 2023
Your application must be accompanied by the following supporting documentation (without this documentation, your application may be disqualified):
- Documents with identification or smart cards (certified copies)
- If in Matric, the most recent results in Grade 11 andMatric (certified copies)
- The matriculation certificate and full transcript of records if you are studying at university (certified copies)
- Registration or acceptance letter from university (on institution’s letterhead)
- Download a PDF or Word version of the Curriculum Vitae
The application deadline is 30 June 2022.
Applicants who submit their applications after this date will not be considered. Please apply as early as possible to guarantee your application is considered.
Please contact Scatec directly with any questions regarding this bursary program:
Person to contact: Pat Volwana
Tel no.: 021 202 1230
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/