Schauenburg Education Trust Bursaries
The Schauenburg Education trust is for students who are opting for a rare qualification. It makes sure that the professionals originating from these qualifications are produced to work within South Africa in the future.
The bursary will be provided in the second, third and fourth year of the degree in the following fields (at specified universities):
- Electric and Electronic engineering.
- Business Management.
- Business Administration.
The bursary provides the following benefits:
- Cost of tuition and registration.
- Examination fees.
- Cost of accommodation at the university.
All three amounts mentioned above will be paid directly to the university.
- Allowance for textbooks and study materials.
- Living allowance.
The amount for all the payments will be finalized by the trustees.
Bursaries are awarded according to merit, need and other requirements as defined by the Trust. The Trust will identify the accepted universities for the bursary. Students who are already a recipient of other bursaries from other providers will not be accepted. Bursaries can be terminated and withdrawn at any time should the bursary holder does not meet the conditions of the bursary agreement.
About Schauenburg Education Trust
Schauenburg (Pty) Ltd trading as Schauenburg Systems is an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for mine safety. The company offers system integrator services, multi-disciplinary services and program management methodologies to ensure an efficient solution for mine safety management.
On January 1 2015, Schauenburg Systems restructured its business and established the Schauenburg Education Trust. Schauenburg then achieved the Mining Charter requirement of a 25.1% black ownership. The Schauenburg Education Trust was also created to contribute to the socio-economic transformation of South Africa. The trust provides bursaries to young black students to help them further their studies in the fields of Economics, Electronics and Engineering.
Schauenburg Systems together with the Schauenburg Education Trust supports corporate social responsibility and as such helps develop the previously disadvantaged individuals and communities through education and training.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the scholarship. There should not be any exception or the allocation will be rejected.
- The candidate must hold South African citizenship and have valid ID numbers.
- The candidate must be recognized as a black person according to the B-BBEE legislation.
- The candidate must be studying at any of the following universities:
- The University of Pretoria.
- The University of Johannesburg.
- North-West University (Vanderbijlpark)
- The University of Witwatersrand.
- Preference will be given to women, candidates under 35 years of age and candidates with disabilities.
- The candidate must be willing to go through psychometric testing and attend interviews.m
- The candidate must be willing to spend their holidays job shadowing (at Schauenburg systems limited) or handling vacation work.
- The candidates must be in their first, second or third year of the degree at any of the courses mentioned above in the specified universities.
- The candidates must show excellent academic progress during their degree and must have passed all the subjects while at university.
- The candidate should not be receiving funds from any other bursary.
How to Apply For The Bursary?
Candidates can apply for the bursary online at: Schauenburg Education Trust Bursary Application 2023
Alternatively, you may also request an application form by emailing:
Nthabiseng Mkhize at firstname.lastname@example.org
Megan Milburn at Megan.email@example.com
- The bursary can be withdrawn at any time as per the wishes of the trustees if the behaviour and the results of the candidate are not satisfying.
- The list of the specified universities can be altered as well by the trustees.
- The bursaries are awarded on the basis of objective merit and the criteria determined by the trustees.
The candidates must submit the mentioned documents along with the application form.
- Certified copies of ID documents.
- Matriculation certificate.
- Academic transcripts and records.
- Recent academic results.
Closing Date Of The Bursary
The application will be closed on 30 July 2022. Interested candidates must submit the application before the deadline or the application might get rejected.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
If the candidate has any questions regarding the bursary they can contact Schauenburg systems directly:
Telephone: +27 (010) 590 1571
Fax: +27 (011) 974 0077
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 26 Spartan Road, Spartan Ext.21, Kempton Park, 1619, South Africa.
Postal address: PO Box 145, Isando, 1600, South Africa.
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/