About Siemens Energy
Siemens Energy is an energy company that was formed following a split of the Gas and Power division from Siemens Group. Headquartered in Munich, Germany, the company has its presence in multiple countries, including South Africa.
Siemens Energy is involved in power generation, power transmission, renewable energy, storage solutions, and industrial application, among other things. Globally, it employs over 372,000 people.
In South Africa, the company operates as Siemens Proprietary Limited. It has been working within the country for the past 150 years.
Being such a large corporation, Siemens Energy is also involved in various CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) activities.
Siemens Bursary 2024
Siemens Energy sponsors a certain number of students each year for their education. It selects those who are passionate about engineering and technology and willing to make a difference in the energy sector.
For the upcoming academic year, the Siemens Bursary programme will benefit those who are pursuing their education in the following fields:
- Bachelor Of Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy and Light Current) (BEng or BSc)
- Electronic Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Mechatronics) (BEng)
- Information Technology/ Computer Science and Computer Engineering (BSc)
The Siemens Bursary will cover the following costs:
- Registration fees
- Tuition fees
- Exam fees
- Prescribed books
After completion of their respective degrees, the bursars will have to work at Siemens for the duration of the funding they’ve received.
The selection process for this bursary is rather stringent, and only a handful of candidates are selected every year. The selection includes a review of the applications and virtual video interviews.
The list of applicants that Siemens Energy publishes will be considered final.
Siemens Energy Bursary Eligibility Criteria
Not all students pursuing the degrees mentioned above are eligible for the Siemens bursary. There’s are specific eligibility criteria that you must meet. Failure to meet these requirements will lead to rejection. So before applying, make sure you cross-check the requirements.
Eligibility criteria for the Siemens bursary are:
- Must be a South African citizen at the time of applying
- Must be between the age of 18 to 25
- Shouldn’t be employed anywhere, either part- or full-time, and receiving remuneration for any activities
- Must have completed Matriculation
- Must be either pursuing or accepted to study full-time in one of the fields of study mentioned above
- Must be either studying or accepted to study at a recognized institution
- Must have scored no less than 65% overall average in Matric or current year of study
- Must not be receiving funding from any other bursaries or scholarships, including NSFAS
- Should fulfill all the requirements for the tertiary education programme
Please note that meeting all the criteria does not guarantee selection. Applicants coming from disadvantaged backgrounds will be given preference.
How to Apply?
If you fulfill all the criteria, move forward with the application process. It’s all online and swift. You’ll be done within a few hours. Here are the steps involved in applying for the Siemens bursary 2022:
Create an Account
The first step is to create an account at the Siemens Energy portal. This is important since that’s how the company will track your application.
You can access the portal for the bursary by following this link.
(Reference number: 390076)
Create an account by providing your first name, last name, email address, and preferred password.
Submit the Application Form
The next step is to submit the online application form. For this, you need to log into your newly-created account using the right credentials. Answer all the questions that the online form requests. It’s essential to maintain accuracy and truthfulness while providing the information. Inaccurate forms are always rejected without consideration.
The last step is to submit the necessary documents. These will be used to verify the information and process your application. Here are the documents you need to submit:
- ID documents
- Matric certification
- Proof of acceptance into a tertiary institution (must be on institution letterhead)
- Academic records
- Updated resume
- A motivation letter describing why you’re the best candidate for this bursary. You also need to write what you intend to do after graduation
Upload the documents into the portal and submit them along with your application.
Siemens Energy has not specified any closing date for the bursary. It’s currently open, and you’re encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
You can contact the bursary provider at its official website or on the portal.
Please do NOT contact Siemens Energy if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/