Silulumanzi is a water provider in the contractual areas of the City of Mbombela Local Municipality. It provides clean water to homes and industries within the area.
Silulumanzi is a subsidiary of South African Water Works (SAWW), a national utility company that serves clean drinking water in excess of 120 million litres.
As an organisation, Silulumanzi is committed to improving the living standards of the community it serves. It utilizes the latest technology and employs highly trained staff to provide the services. There are several programs in place to ensure water conservation and environmental sustainability.
Silulumanzi Bursary 2024
Silulumanzi funds a bursary programme that aims to help unprivileged students complete their education. The bursaries are awarded each year to a certain number of students based on merit. For the academic session 2023, the bursaries will be awarded in the following fields of study:
- Biology (BSc)
- Chemical Engineering (BSc)
- Civil Engineering (BSc)
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current/ Light Current) (BSc)
- Environmental Science (National Diploma)
- Fitter and Turner
- Fitting (including Machinery)
- Information Technology (BSc)
- Instrumentation Mechanical
- Mechanical Engineering (BSc)
- Quantity Survey (BSc)
- Water Care (National Diploma)
Students must be pursuing a BSc degree except in Environmental Science and Water Care, where they’d have to be pursuing a National Diploma.
Silulumanzi will award the bursaries initially for one year. To receive funding for the subsequent years, bursars will have to renew. Renewal is subject to satisfactory performance in the current study year.
The bursary value is determined on a case-by-case basis. Once awarded, it will cover the following expenses:
- Tuition fees
- Registration fees
- Accommodation cost
- Prescribed books
- Study materials
After graduating, all bursars have to agree on joining the Silulumanzi Water Learning Academy on a fixed-term basis. More information will be offered to shortlisted students.
Eligibility Criteria For The Silulumanzi Bursary
To receive the funding, students are expected to fulfill all the eligibility criteria first. Silulumanzi defines these to select the candidates for the bursary programme. The number of applicants often outnumbers the available number of bursaries. Therefore, it can’t provide funding to everyone. Before you apply, make sure you fulfill the following eligibility requirements for Silulumanzi Bursary:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must have either completed Matriculation or currently be in Matric
- Must be either studying or willing to study towards an undergraduate qualification (BSc or National Diploma) in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Must have either been accepted or currently studying at a tertiary institution that’s accredited
- Must be willing to join the South African water industry after graduating
- Must have achieved at least Level 6 for Science and Mathematics in Matric
- Must demonstrate a solid academic track record
For the bursary, certain groups are preferred over others. This includes female applicants, students from disadvantaged backgrounds, and students with disabilities. Along with that, applicants who are residents of the following regions will receive preference for the bursary programme:
How to Apply For The Silulumanzi Bursary?
If you consider yourself eligible, move forward with the application process. It’s a short process that’s simple to follow. To get started, you need to download and complete the Silulumanzi Bursary Application Form 2024.
Alternatively you can also obtain the official form from the Silulumanzi Customer Care offices located in KaNyamazane, Mbombela City, and Matsulu.
Complete the form after reading the instructions. Please fill out as per the instructions since incomplete or incorrect submissions are not considered.
Prepare the following documents that are necessary for the bursary programme:
- Birth certificate
- ID documents
- Most recent Matric results, if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate, if completed Matriculation
- Proof of acceptance issued by the tertiary institution (must be on institution letterhead)
- Complete tertiary academic record, if currently studying at an institution (must be on institution letterhead)
- Exam results of the academic year 2022 (must be on tertiary letterhead)
- Supplementary exam results, if applicable (must be on tertiary letterhead)
- A complete breakdown of the cost incurred (invoice/statement/receipts) (must be on institution letterhead)
- Proof of disability, if disabled
- Proof of household income (recent payslips if employed; affidavit if unemployed)
- A motivational letter explaining why you deserve the funding
Gather all the documents and your application form and send them to:
- By post
The Bursary Department
PO Box 12752
For hand delivery, you need to visit the Silulumanzi customer care office in KaNyamazane, Matsulu and Mbombela/Nelspruit.
Closing Date Of The Silulumanzi Bursary
The last date to apply for the Silulumanzi Bursary is 15 December 2023.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
For more details on the bursary programme, contact Silulumanzi at 013 752 6839.
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries if the bursary is closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/