Established in 2008, in Johannesburg and Cape Town of South Africa, SOLA is a solar installation company. The organization provides renewable energy solutions throughout Africa.
Being 13 years in business, SOLA has emerged as one of the leading renewable energy providers in Africa specializing in the creation, construction and financing of renewable energy projects and solar systems.
The SOLA group believes in the power of solar energy to transform South Africa into a leader of clean energy. The company provides clean and low-cost energy to Government and private organizations to empower the country towards a prosperous and better future.
SOLA is able to provide services to a myriad of energy requirements and its impressive roster of accomplishments includes the development of 1087 MW utility renewable energy projects, 336 MW operational renewable energy projects, 6.7 MWh designed and built storage projects.
Through power purchase agreements, SOLA can deliver clean energy to clients through wheeling or on-site. Services also include fulfilling various energy needs of the customers including engineering and construction services. The SOLA team also provides maintenance and monitoring services to aid energy tracking and ROI.
SOLA Bursary 2022 – 2023
The SOLA bursary is awarded to students entering their final year of electrical engineering (BSc or BEng). The bursary aims to increase the encouragement and knowledge of solar PV expertise among electrical engineers in South Africa.
Some of the salient features of SOLA bursary include
- Covering tuition fees up to R75,000
- Selected candidates will be provided with the opportunity of paid vacation work. A stipend will cover the cost of traveling to and from the work.
- Solar feasibility studies including practical on-the-job training and assistance with solar PV designs will be provided.
- Guidance to become a skilled engineer will be provided under the mentorship of an experienced engineer
- Opportunities will be awarded to gain insight into the full chain of the solar PV industry in South Africa.
- Successful candidates will get network opportunities and provisions for exposure from a trusted solar company
- Selected candidates will get a full-time employment offer letter upon graduation.
The applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to qualify for the bursary programme.
- Must be a South African citizen and should belong to a disadvantaged background
- The applicant must be pursuing an Electrical Engineering degree (BEng or BSc) and should be entering their final year of study while applying for the bursary.
- The applicant must be pursuing their degree from a recognized and accredited South African university.
- Candidates need to complete at least one assignment/ project in solar PV i.e., either academically or personally
- The applicant must possess qualities to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment.
How To Apply?
To apply for SOLA bursary 2022- 2023, applicants need to fill out the SOLA Bursary Online Application Form.
Interested candidates have to fill out the questionnaire provided by SOLA. Information about the applicants will be collected and filtered. It will determine whether the students will qualify for applying for the bursary.
The documents required for registering for SOLA bursary 2022- 2023
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Up-to-date transcripts and full academic records preferably on institution letterhead
The documents have to be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as supporting documents. The submission of the documents is compulsory and an application can be disqualified if any of the documents are missing.
The closing date for SOLA Bursary is 10 September 2022. Please submit the application within the given date.
If experiencing any difficulty regarding SOLA bursary 2022- 2023, then mail your queries and problems to email@example.com
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/