Tharisa is a fully integrated resource group that is based in Europe. The company’s operations cover a range of activities, including mining, beneficiation, processing, logistics, sales, and marketing. Tharisa has a presence in South Africa, Cyprus, and Zimbabwe, and is recognized as a leading low-cost producer of PGMs and chrome concentrate. Additionally, Tharisa is listed on both the LSE and JSE stock exchanges.
Tharisa Bursary 2023
Students interested in getting a bursary from Tharisa may apply for their 2023/ 2024 academic year bursary programme.
Studies within the following fields are eligible for the bursary:
- Electrical Engineering
- Analytical Chemistry
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Chemical Engineering/Metallurgy
The bursary program will offer financial support for various expenses, including tuition fees, books, accommodation, and a monthly allowance (this will commence in the second semester of 2023).
To qualify for the bursary, recipients will be obligated to participate in mine work during vacation at the end of each year. After completing their studies, bursary beneficiaries will be expected to serve as graduate interns at the company for a minimum period of 1 year.
Eligibility Criteria For The Tharisa Bursary
Candidates must meet the minimum entry criteria to be eligible for consideration of their application. Not fulfilling all the prerequisites will result in disqualification of their application.
- Applicants must be South African citizens
- Completing matric is a prerequisite
- In Matriculation, you must have scored at least 60% in Mathematics
- In Matric, you must have scored at least 60% in Physical Science
- Candidates must either currently be pursuing or have already been accepted/registered to study a qualification within one of the fields of study mentioned above.
- To qualify for consideration, candidates must be currently studying or have received acceptance/registration to study at a recognized and accredited South African tertiary institution.
- There must be no other bursaries or sponsorships you are receiving
- Priority will be given to candidates who are from the local community or labor-sending areas, specifically the North West Province, and those who have disabilities.
How to Apply For The Tharisa Bursary?
Applicants need to submit their applications online at Tharisa Bursary Application 2023
Mention the reference number in your application: TB001RM
As a requirement for your online application, you must submit legible copies of the following supporting documents. The submission of these documents is mandatory, and failing to provide any of them may result in the disqualification of your application:
- A certified copy of your identification document
- Your photograph (a head and shoulders shot)
- A certified copy of the matriculation certificate
- If currently studying, a full academic record (on the letterhead of the institution)
- Acceptance or registration proof at an institution (on the letterhead of the institution)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
The application deadline is 6 May 2023. Any applications sent after the closing date will not be entertained by Tharisa. So, please make sure to submit your applications before the last date.
To obtain more information about this bursary programme, please directly contact Tharisa at:
Telephone: 011 996 3500
In the event that this bursary is already closed, please don’t contact Tharisa.
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/