The Upstream Training Trust bursary is offered to those students who are currently in matric or university students pursuing studies in Geosciences, Environmental Sciences, Engineering, IS and IT.
In the selection process, female students and students from previously disadvantaged areas are given preference. The students who applied for the bursary must be passionate about the upstream oil and gas industry and have plans to go into the same industry in the future.
The students who are studying or wish to take up the following studies related to the oil, petroleum and gas industries can apply for the bursary:
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Information Technology
- Information Systems
- Mining Engineering
- Physical Science
Currently, a maximum amount of R90 000 is paid to a full-time student per year covering the following expenses:
- Field Excursions
Accommodation, Meals and Field Excursions are considered secondary expenses. The fund is used for them once the primary expenses are covered.
A monetary incentive awarded for academic excellence:
- Students achieving between 65 and 69%, will receive R5 000
- Students achieving between 70 and 74%, will receive R10 000
- Students achieving 75% or more, will receive R15 000
About the Upstream Training Trust
This trust is established by Petroleum Agency SA and the companies participating in the off and onshore search for oil and gas in South Africa, in the year 1997. Upstream refers to the phase prior to the refining of produced natural oil or gas which includes exploration, development and production of the petroleum industry.
The objective to form the Upstream Training Trust, a part of the Petroleum Agency SA, is to create opportunities for the training and development of South Africans in this industry. As a non-profit organization, Upstream Training Trust aims to provide specialist human skills for the upstream petroleum industry of South Africa. This is done through investment in human capital development specifically focusing on historically disadvantaged individuals. Upstream Training Trust concentrates on three disciplines
- Engineering and
- Natural Science.
Eligibility Criteria For The Upstream Training Trust Bursary
All the applicants applying for the Upstream Training Trust bursary must satisfy certain entry criteria. Their failure to satisfy any of the requirements will result in the rejection of the application. The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- The applicant must be a South African citizen
- Applying for Studies specified in the advert only
- The bursary targets applicants in the youth sector so the applicant must be studying toward an academic qualification
- Registering at university for a qualification
- Previously disadvantaged with demonstrated potential with a minimum pass mark of 50%
- Not receiving any other bursaries.
How to Apply For The Upstream Training Trust Bursary?
You can choose any method out of a few different ways to apply for Upstream Training Trust bursary 2022 -2023. To apply online you can go to UTT Bursary Application Online and fill out the form.
Alternatively, you can download the UTT Bursary Application Form and fill it out.
Also, you can send the application through mail or post to the following address:
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can send your applications by post at:
Upstream Training Trust,
P.O. Box 5111,
To apply for Upstream Training Trust bursary you need to submit certain documents along with the application form. In the absence of the supporting documents your application will be disqualified and your eligibility for the bursary will be cancelled.
- Grade 12/ Matric Certificate (certified copies)
- ID copy of the applicant (certified copies)
- ID copy of the parents/guardian (certified copies)
- Proof of application for study at an Institution of Higher Learning (where an acceptance letter is yet to receive)
- Acceptance letter from Institution of Higher Learning
- Quotations for accommodation and tuition fees, if applicable.
Closing Date Of The Upstream Training Trust Bursary
The last date to apply for the bursary is 30 September 2023. Make sure you apply before the closing date.
Contact Details of The Bursar
In case of questions or inquiries regarding this bursary programme, please contact at:
Address: 7 Mispel Road
Email ID: email@example.com
Tel: +27 (0) 21 938 3500
+27 (0) 60 891 2794 / + 27 (0) 60 891 2692
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/