About VGI Consulting
VGI Consulting was established in 1965 as the inheritor of Van der Merwe and Kroon, a civil and structural engineering consulting practice. The name was changed to Van der Merwe, Kroon and Venter, when Mr. PJ Venter joined in 1970. The company’s name was changed again to Venter Grobler Incorporated when Mr Boet Kroon passed away and Mr van der Merwe resigned. The company’s name has come to finality in 2002 as VGI Consulting Inc. VGI is the leading South African engineering and consulting firm in the engineering, construction, procurement and project management of multidisciplinary transmission and petrochemical distribution pipelines including civil, mechanical, geotechnical, and structural engineering projects.
Notable VGI clients include Sasol, Sasol Technology, Sasol Gas, Transnet, Siemens, Airports Company South Africa, Matola Gas Company and Wartsila. Some of the projects completed by VGI are Alrode Fuel Depot, Pretoria West Depot Upgrade, Corobrik and Ressano-Garcia High Pressure Customer Metering Station, Roodekop Netwrok Upgrade and the Mashimong & Moriting Water Reticulation Network for Sasol, Bulk Storage Facility expansion and Airport Fueling Systems for OR Tambo International Airport, Gas Pipeline for Standard Bank in Rosebank, Sewer Reticulation Networks for Sali & Zuma and the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality as well as various Concrete, Steel and Wooden structures.
VGI Consulting Bursaries
VGI Consulting awards bursaries to deserving applicants who are already registered at accredited universities in South Africa, should be studying full time towards an undergraduate degree in engineering study. The bursary is only allocated for the current academic year and may be renewed by the bursary holders every year.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizen
- Under the age of 30 years.
- Studying full time towards an undergraduate degree in engineering.
- Completed your first year of study.
- Studying at a recognized University in South Africa.
- NOT currently a recipient of any other bursary awards.
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and complete the VGI Consulting Bursary Application Form.
- Accompany your application form with certified copies of the following documents:
- A certified copy of your Identity
- A certified copy of your your Matric Certificate
- A certified copy of your University Proof of Registration
- Parents’ or Guardian’s Proof of Income
- Latest Academic Record
- University Financial Statement
- A motivational letter
- Send application form and complete certified copies of documents via email at ZinhleM@vgi.co.za, with the subject line “VGI Consulting Bursary Application – *Initials and Surname*”
Applications must be submitted by the 31 August 2023.
Late submissions will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, for an interview.
Address: Highgrove Office Park Building 4, c/o Tegel and Olievenhoutbosch Avenues, Highveld, Centurion, 0157
Post: PO Box 68968, Highveld, 0169
Tel: +27 (0)12 682 9140
Fax: +27 (0)12 665 1718
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/