The growth and development of the nation’s young and talented individual play an important role in the upliftment of the economy. When the youth participate and contribute towards the important sectors of a country success is bound to follow.
One way to help passionate students is by way of bursaries. Several organizations in South Africa provide bursaries to students who are keen on making a career but lack funds.
If you are keen on studying in one of the specified engineering fields then the Worley Bursary can provide you with the required assistance.
Worley was founded in the year 1971 as Worley Parsons limited. After the acquisition of Jacob’s Energy, Chemicals & Resources division, the company was renamed, Worley.
The firm provides several varieties of services like consulting, advisory, engineering, construction and project management, and so on. One can also benefit from the firm’s deep technical expertise in areas like chemicals, power, infrastructure, hydrocarbons, minerals, and metals.
The company has many branches across Australia, the UK, South Africa, the US, UAE, and employs approximately 32000 staff members under its banner.
Worley Bursaries Program 2023
The company is providing bursary assistance to students for the academic year 2023. Students who are ambitious and wish to build a successful career for themselves in the following Bachelor of Science Degree or Bachelor of Engineering Degree fields:
- Civil Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Under this bursary program, the following expenditures are covered on behalf of the selected candidates.
- Tuition and registration fees
- Meal allowance
- Book allowance
- Vacation work
- Residence/private student accommodation
- Computer and laptop allowance
- The bursary is renewable each year and can the benefits can be availed for the subsequent years only if the students put up a good academic performance.
- Under this bursary program, students will get an opportunity to participate in vacation work during the holiday period.
- Once students complete graduation they have a guaranteed placement in the Worley graduate program too.
To receive the Worley bursaries, students are required to meet certain minimum eligibility requirements as mentioned by Worley. Failure to meet the criteria will lead to the rejection of the application.
- One must be a citizen of South Africa
- Students should be studying towards any one of the engineering disciplines mentioned by Worley. It can be either a Bachelor of Science degree or a Bachelor of Engineering degree.
- One must score an overall minimum average of 65%
- Students must have completed the first year of their study
- Applicant should be pursuing their studies at an accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- Students should not have failed in any subject
How to Apply?
Applications must be done online at:
Worley Bursary Application 2024: Civil Engineering
Worley Bursary Application 2024: Instrumentation Engineering
Worley Bursary Application 2024: Mechanical Engineering
Attach copies of the supporting documents along with the completed online application. Failure to submit all the documents will disqualify the application.
- A Certified copy of ID document/proof
- A Certified copy of Matric certificate
- Complete academic record along with the latest transcript on the letterhead of the University
- Any other relevant documents/certificates related to the qualification (certified copy)
Things to keep in mind when applying for the bursary
- Fill the application form accurately with correct grammar and spelling. Review your application before submitting it.
- Apply before the last date mentioned by the college/organization to avoid any rejection
- Provide complete and detailed information regarding the finances and other questions asked. Read and understand the questions thoroughly before answering.
- Mention your future academic and career goals to make your application convincing
- Do not forget to convey your gratitude to the donor as it is because of their contribution that you are getting an opportunity to fulfill your academic goals.
To be confirmed. Open for application.
Students can contact Worley directly in case they have any queries related to the bursary on the following:
Telephone: 011 218 3000 (Johannesburg)/ 021 912 3000 (Cape Town)
If the bursary has already been closed, you are requested not to contact Worley. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/