Agriculture is one of the most important parts of any economy that can take a nation to greater heights of success. With the right strategies and assistance, agriculture as a sector can bloom making the nation self-sufficient.
The AEASA is an organization in South Africa that has taken an initiative to support the agricultural economics sector.
About Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa
The AEASA came into existence in the year 1961 intending to make a difference in the field of agricultural economics. It is a professional organization of Agricultural economists in South Africa that has placed itself strategically to assist the agricultural economists in serving their communities.
The AEASA’s primary goal is to provide support to all agricultural economists in the country irrespective of race, gender, career, language, etc.
It has the following main objectives:
- To help the agricultural economics by promoting training, research, and interest in the sector.
- To solve the problems relating to rural, agricultural, and national issues AEASA strives to promote the application of scientific principles of agricultural economics.
- To improve the communication between agricultural economists of all levels including regional, national, and international.
- To promote the interest of agricultural economists in the activities mentioned in article 3 of the constitution.
AEASA BD Nomvete Bursary Program: An Overview
The AEASA formed a bursary in the memory of late Prof. B.D. Nomvete. This bursary is aimed at funding the studies of postgraduate students. With the help of this bursary students can pursue Ph.D. studies in the field of agricultural economics or any other related discipline.
Students should opt to study in the fields that contribute towards agricultural economics or solution of agricultural economics or socio-economic problems.
BD Nomvete Bursary Coverage
This bursary is awarded for one year at a time. To renew the bursary for the next year students are required to submit the progress report in writing that should be supported by the supervisor. The value of the bursary is R 50 000 per year and is provided for a maximum of 3 years.
Students who wish to apply for the bursary are required to fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the organization. In case applicants fail to meet the criteria their application may be rejected.
- Students must be a South African citizen
- Students must not be older than 35 years of age
- Applicants must have registered themselves for full-time Ph.D. in agricultural economics or related fields
- One must be registered to study at an accredited university in South Africa
- Students from disadvantaged backgrounds, especially women will be given preference
- Applicants must meet the minimum requirements of admission to the tertiary institution
How to Apply?
- One must download and fill the application form Or Procure an application form by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The completed application form must be submitted along with the documents mentioned by the organization. In case an application is not accompanied by all the documents required, the application may be rejected.
- Students receiving the bursary will be announced in October 2021.
- Students can submit the applications by email: email@example.com or post to the following address:
C/o, BD Nomvete Memorial Trust Bursary
Private Bag x935
Arcadia, Pretoria 0001
- Certified copy of ID document
- Passport-sized photograph (attached to the application form)
- Certified copy of latest exam results. If no exam has been attempted then a progress report.
- Proof of tertiary admission or registration for the year 2021
- Certified copy of academic transcripts
- Details of the recent activities done (if not studied)
- Motivational letter to convince the organization to grant you the bursary (1 Page)
- Testimonials from 2 university lecturers
- A curriculum vitae including employment history, detailed academic record, and 2 character reference
- Details of the selected field of study and the university or department in which one wants to pursue the Ph.D.
- A comprehensive research proposal (approved by the supervisor)
If students are unable to attach any of the above-mentioned documents with the bursary application, they are required to explain the reason for the same to the organization.
The last date of application is 16 September 2021
For all the queries related to the bursary students can contact:
Elma du Plessis
Please do NOT contact AEASA if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on September 30, 2021)