About AFHCO Bursary
The African Housing Company (AFHCO) Is one of the biggest developers and investors in affordable commercial property and housing within the inner-city of Johannesburg. The power combination of AFHCO and SA Corporate Retail companies are constantly involved in the acquisition and development of buildings. For 2021, This company offers a bursary to fund any field of study that is a minimum of one year and aligned to the standards of SAQA.
AFHCO Bursary 2021
AFHCO will award an educational bursary valued at R50,000 for deserving students who want to pursue their studies at either the University of Witwatersrand or the University of Johannesburg. The details of this bursary are:
- The amount will be directly paid to the university along with student accommodation.
- A random system selector will choose the winners at random. The internal and external auditors of AFHCO will oversee and verify the selection along with an internal or external lawyer.
- The names of the winners will come out by March 22, 2021, through email and on the online platform of AFHCO.
- Winners must accept the prize within 7 days of receiving the email. The prize will get forfeited if the winners fail to claim their prizes within this timeframe.
- Winners must provide proof of identity. This may come in the form of a passport, proof of residence, or a valid ID book.
- Winners cannot exchange their prizes for any other prizes like cash.
- Winners must provide proof that they are either an AFHCO dependent or tenant.
- Entering the competition means that the applicants agree to the competition’s terms and conditions, which may change at any time.
- AFHCO’s decision regarding winner selection or any other issue will be both binding and final.
- Applicants consent to having their full name and photograph published for promotional purposes if they win.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
Interested applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- Must be a citizen of South Africa
- Must be currently studying in Matric or has completed Matric
- Must be juristic persons
- Must be currently studying or intends to study towards a qualification that is at least 1-year long in any field of study
- Must be currently studying or intends to study towards a qualification aligned to the SAQA standards. Applicants may check their qualifications here
- Must be currently studying or intends to study at the University of the Witwatersrand or the University of Johannesburg
- Must read and agree with all of the terms and conditions of the bursary
How to Apply and Application Details
To apply, download and accomplish the AFHCO Bursary Application Form. pdf
Applicants may also obtain application forms from the Head Office of AFHCO then submit them on the online platform.
Also, applicants must submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation, together with their accomplished application form.
- A certified copy of an ID document
- A certified copy of the Grade 11 final report and the most recent Grade 12 report, if currently in Matric
- A certified copy of the Matric NSC certificate and results statement, if already completed Matric
- The most recent academic results if currently studying at tertiary level printed on the tertiary letterhead
- A motivational letter, explaining the applicant needs the bursary and how they will fund their studies if they don’t receive the bursary
- A testimonial letter from the principal a teacher, dean, or lecturer printed on the letterhead of the institute
Failure to submit all of these documents will lead to the application getting disregarded. Applicants must send their applications through email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must indicate “AFHCO Bursary Application” in the subject line of their email to ensure that the application will get received.
12 March 2021
Address: Afhco Corner, 64 Siemert Rd, Doornfontein, Johannesburg
Tel #: 086 112 3426