About the Agar-Hamilton Trust
John Augustus Ion Agar-Hamilton was a distinguished Anglican priest and recognised South African historian. Upon his death in 1984, his Will dictated the establishment of the Agar-Hamilton Trust.
The trust supports deserving students to finance their school, college, or university studies within the country’s borders. Applicants should be male South African citizens, predominantly of British descent, members of a church that is related to the Anglican Communion, under the age of 25, and English-speaking. Applications are evaluated based on the requirements and the merits of each student’s circumstances. Students should be able to prove the need for financial assistance as well as demonstrate an impeccable academic record.
The Agar-Hamilton Trust Bursary 2021
The Agar-Hamilton Trust Bursary is for male students attending school, university or college may avail of this bursary provided they possess a strong academic record and cannot afford their studies.
The Agar-Hamilton Trust awards these bursaries once a year and can be further renewed each year based on the student’s academic performance. The value of the bursary rests on the Trustees – they decide on a case-to-case basis.
The Agar-Hamilton Trust Bursary 2021 Requirements and Eligibility
Interested students must satisfy the minimum requirements before applying. Failure to comply with all of these requirements will lead to their application getting disregarded. The requirements are:
- Must be a citizen of South Africa.
- Must be below 25 years old on the 1st of January 2021.
- Must be male.
- Must be English-speaking with a predominantly British descent.
- Must be a recognised member and an active communicant of an Anglican church.
- Must be currently in Matric or must have already completed Matric.
- Must be currently studying or intends to study at a College, University or any other type of educational institution.
- Must have a strong academic record.
- Must have a proven financial need.
How to Apply and Application Details
Download and accomplish the application form. Applicants must submit clear copies of the following supporting documents together with the accomplished application form:
- A certified copy of an ID.
- Proof of the applicant’s British descent in the form of their passport, birth certificate, and other official documents.
- A certified copy of the Matric certificate, if they have completed Matric.
- A certified copy of their most recent academic report, if currently studying at the tertiary level.
- Testimonials from the applicant’s referees.
If the applicant doesn’t submit these requirements completely, their application will get disregarded. Applicants can submit their applications in the following ways:
The Agar-Hamilton Trust
PO Box 86
31 August 2020 for new applications
31 December 2020 for renewed applications.
Address: The Agar-Hamilton Trust, PO Box 86, Cape Town
Telephone Number: 021 416-6258
E-mail: [email protected]