About Capsicum Culinary Studio
Hospitality is one of South Africa’s largest growing markets, and the Capsicum Culinary Studio turns out graduates who can seek top positions in kitchens at world-famous restaurants and hotels throughout the country. With six venues boasting top-class training facilities, the Capsicum Culinary Studio graduate will have the advantage of many job opportunities.
The programs of study offered are internationally endorsed and recognized, allowing the graduate to have the world as their oyster when it comes to seeking employment. Capsicum Culinary Studio works in partnership with Student Hero and other student funding providers to help its learners find a way to fund their studies.
Capsicum Culinary Studio Bursary 2021
Capsicum Culinary Studio is offering bursaries to qualifying aspirant chefs that would like to master culinary skills. The bursary scheme is part of the Chef Talent Scout Competition they run annually. During this competition, they identify aspirant chefs who have what it takes to come up with the best sweet and savory dishes.
The successful candidates are enrolled in a Professional Cookery program and have a chance to get a three-year program bursary.
During these years, qualifying students learn skills like:
- Hospitality industry fundamentals
- Inventory management
- Human Resources and training
- Emergency response (first aid and fire)
- Safety and hygiene
- Food preparation and production fundamentals
- Food science basic principles
- Food photography and styling
- Pastry principles
- Global cuisine
- Cost control
- Computer literacy
- Financial literacy
What will you get after qualifying?
- You will get an opportunity to go head to head with other aspirant chefs to get the ultimate prize of the three-year program
- The winner will get all study costs covered including their uniform and a free knife set
- During the curriculum, you will get internship placements
To be considered for this bursary, apply before the 30th of November 2020, and winners will be announced on the 9th of December 2020.
Afterward, a local cook-off will be hosted on the 20th of January 2021 at your nearest campus.
Finalists will then partake in the final cook-off that will take place on the 6th of February 2021.
Eligibility criteria for the Capsicum Culinary Studio Bursary
To get considered for this bursary, you should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You should have South African citizenship
- Be 17 years old or older (by 2021, you should be 18)
- You must have matriculated in 2019 or 2020
- Not working a professional chef or previously worked in this capacity
- Your main source of income should not be from cooking or preparing fresh food in a professional organization/company
- You should not be related to a Capsicum staff member
- You should not be a previous winner of the Chef Talent Scout Competition
If you do not meet all these requirements, your application will not be considered.
How to apply for the bursary?
- Fill out the application form found on the institution’s website
- Prepare a meal that has red capsicum or anything else with red color
- Post a picture of the meal on Instagram, tag Capsicum and use this hashtag on the caption #CapsicumCooking
Qualifying students will be notified and you will send the following documents:
- Certified ID copy
- Certified Matric Certificate copy
- Proof that you registered at this institution
- Proof of your household’s income
30 November 2020
For any question or queries related to this bursary program, please contact Capsicum Culinary Studio directly at:
Telephone number: 086 111 2433