About Chevening in South Africa
Since 1983, Chevening has provided scholarships for students worldwide to study in the United Kingdom (UK). Chevening is a UK government global scholarship programme that offers fully-funded scholarships to students wishing to pursue a master’s degree in the UK. Recipients live and study in the UK for a year, immersing themselves in its culture and getting a valuable opportunity to extend their business network.
Students have their tuition and travel costs covered, additionally receiving a monthly stipend. The applications close in early November each year, and applicants should submit supporting documents to authenticate their qualifications, work experience, and references.
Chevening UK Scholarship 2021
Chevening UK Scholarship program gives you a chance to pursue your dreams of studying in the UK. It awards the bursary to students with leadership ambitions and qualities with a strong academic background. You are not limited to apply if you lack either of these.
You have to pursue a Masters degree in any field of study using any of the following criteria.
- Apply at 3 different universities for the same course
- Apply at 3 different universities for 3 courses
- While in the same university, apply for 3 different courses.
Be careful when choosing courses because you cannot change them after the online submission of the application. It is unless you receive permission, with an unconditional offer due 15 July 2021, during an interview on stage.
The bursary caters for each of your needs listed below while living and staying abroad within the period of study you applied for it. You need to apply for the bursary each year to continue benefiting from the program.
- Tuition fees
- Your return ticket for economy class
- An arrival allowance
- Visa application fee reimbursement
- Departure allowance
- A maximum of 75 euros worth of TB testing reimbursement
- Each month, funding for accommodation and living expenses.
Only qualified candidates are to receive feedback where they are to attend a Chevening Scholarship interview. Your application is unsuccessful when we do not contact you by early June 2021. Interviewing of successful applicants takes place after booking, upload the documents below, and prepare to attend
Chevening UK Scholarship Requirements and Eligibility
You have to meet the minimum application criteria for the bursary program before beginning the application process. It is necessary because it determines the consideration of your application.
- You must be a South African citizen.
- You are a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- You must have worked for a minimum of two years within a 2800 working hour period.
- You must have good English and meet the language’s criteria.
- Upon the ending of your award, return to your home country for a minimum of 2 years.
- You need to apply for 3 eligible courses in the UK.
You must need to fill your application forms online by clicking here. If you’re not registered to their system then click on the “Register Here” button to register an account by using your email and password.
Accompanied your online application by the following documents. Your application fails to receive consideration if you do not submit any of these documents.
- A copy of your education certificates or transcripts
- Two reference letters
- A brief biography to help us understand you more
- Your South African ID or passport
- Academic transcripts of in your undergraduate studies
- Your certified copy of the certificate of achievement
Note that you have to submit your reference and education documents before the end of 22 February 2021.
The deadline for scholarship applications is 3 November 2020 at 12:00 GMT .
For any inquiries, contact Chevening directly from their website, https://www.chevening.org/scholarship/south-africa/ to have your questions answered.