About Clicks Foundation
Clicks Foundation is part of Clicks Holdings Limited, a retail-led healthcare group founded in 1986 by retailer Jack Goldin. Based out of Cape Town, the company owns multiple healthcare, lifestyle, and retail music brands. Brands like The Body Shop, Musica and Clarie’s, General Nutrition Corporations are all owned by Clicks. In southern Africa alone, it has close to 795 outlets selling the products. Since 1996, Clicks Holdings has been listed at the JSE.
The Clicks Foundation is involved in the CSR initiatives of the company. Through this foundation, Clicks helps the community and aims to build a better place for everyone. Bursaries are just a part of this commitment.
Clicks Foundation Bursary 2022
Clicks Foundation is offering bursaries to a certain number of students every year. It’s a merit-based programme, and the bursars are selected based on their academic performance and merit. Through this programme, the Clicks Group wants to improve the skill shortages in the South African health retail and pharmaceutical industry.
For the academic session 2022, the bursaries will be awarded to students pursuing an undergrad degree in pharmacy.
The bursary’s value will be decided on a case-by-case basis. It will cover the following expenses:
- Registration fees
- Tuition fees
- Prescribed textbooks
Besides that, bursars will get aids and assistance whenever necessary to complete their respective courses. However, the bursary will not pay for the expenses incurred from the previous year — in other words, the outstanding fees.
Bursary Eligibility Criteria
To select the candidates for the bursary, Clicks Foundation has laid out specific eligibility guidelines. Anyone applying for the funding must review and fulfill all the eligibility criteria. Failing to do so will lead to the rejection of the application. Therefore, always cross-check with the criteria before applying.
The eligibility requirements for Clicks Foundation bursary 2022 are:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be in between the age of 19 and 35 at the time of selection
- Must have completed Matriculation
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in pharmacy
- Must have registered for the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of study
- Must be studying at a recognized South African university
- Must have scored an overall average of at least 70%
- Must be not receiving benefits from any other bursaries or scholarship programmes
Fulfilling all the requirements, however, does not guarantee funding. Preference is given to those that belong to designated groups and students with disabilities. The decision taken by the Clicks Foundation will be considered final.
How to Apply?
If you meet all the eligibility criteria, move forward with the application process. It’s an online process, and you don’t have to deal with any physical forms. Completing the entire process should take no more than an hour, but you shouldn’t rush through it. Incomplete or incorrect submissions are rejected.
Here are the steps involved in applying for the Clicks Foundation Bursary 2022:
- The first step is to apply for the bursary at the official portal, which you can access by clicking here. You can apply with or without creating an account with Clicks Group. So click on the Apply button and proceed with the available options.
- Either way, you’ll have to complete an online form for this bursary. You’d have to provide personal details, educational details, and other information.
The next step is to submit the documents necessary for this bursary. These are required for verification purposes. Here are the documents you’d have to submit:
- ID documents
- Matric certificate
- University academic records, including the most recent results (must be on institution letterhead)
- Proof of registration for 2022
- Proof of disability, if applicable
Scan the documents and upload them. After reviewing for one last time, submit your application.
After initial review, shortlisted candidates might be asked to attend screening tests and interviews. The final selection will also depend on the national and provincial economic active population.
The bursary is currently open, and the last date to apply for it is 30 November 2021. Submissions made after this date will be considered ineligible.
For any queries, you can get in touch with the bursary provider at the following details:
- Telephone – 010 140 3099
- Email – email@example.com
If the bursary is closed, please avoid making any inquiries as they’ll go unanswered.
If the bursary has already been closed, you are requested not to contact Clicks Foundation. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on October 26, 2021)