About Converse #KickTheDebt Student Bursary Award
Converse is a well-known American shoe company involved in the designing, licensing, and distribution of a wide range of footwear, apparel, and accessories. For the Academic Year 2021, the company will award bursaries to help financially struggling students write off their debts at the tertiary or secondary levels through its #KickTheDebt campaign. Organized by Skye Distribution, the campaign gets its inspiration from the FreeMustFall movement that began in 2015.
Converse #KickTheDebt Student Bursary Award 2021
The amount of R1 million will go to a number of students who are in financial need and have outstanding debts that they need to settle. Students may apply for the bursary to pay off their secondary or tertiary debts or they may also nominate other students. The amount each student receives will either cover all or a part of their outstanding debts.
The money will be directly given to the educational institution to which the student owes a debt. These awards are non-transferrable, non-exchangeable, and non-negotiable. Students who qualify for the bursaries will get contacted by email or telephone by April 30, 2021. Those who aren’t notified should deem their applications unsuccessful. The names of the selected students will appear on the Converse South Africa website on April 30, 2021. If the selected candidates don’t respond within 3 working days, an alternative applicant will get the bursary.
Converse #KickTheDebt Student Bursary Award 2021 Requirements and Eligibility
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum criteria:
- Must be a citizen of South Africa
- Must reside in South Africa
- Must be between the ages 13 and 28
- Must be currently enrolled or studying at one of the accredited South African secondary or tertiary educational institutes
- Must be in financial need
- Must possess outstanding tuition fees with interest
- Must possess a strong academic record with at least 60% as the overall average
- Applicants affiliated with Skye, suppliers, or organizers of the campaign aren’t eligible for the bursary
- Applicants must provide all of the requested documentation and information. Failure to do so within one week of the request will result in their award getting forfeited
How to Apply and Application Details
Applicants may apply online at https://www.converse.co.za/kick-the-debt.html
Alternatively, applicants may also send a WhatsApp message to 061 806 0654 to receive the application instructions. Applicants should download and go through the FAQs and Terms and Conditions before applying. Applicants should also submit clear copies of the following documentation, together with their accomplished application form.
- A certified copy of an ID document
- Complete academic record
- An invoice or statement detailing all outstanding tuition fees
- Proof of enrollment
- Student number
- If below 18 years of age, parental consent
- Proof of financial need
- Other required information
- Written motivation to support the application or the application of the person nominated
- Application video (optional)
Failure to provide all of these requirements will lead to the application getting disregarded.
03 March 2021
Tel #: 087 940 4664