About Dube TradePort
Dube TradePort is a business owned by the KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Government and is responsible for the development of the province’s largest infrastructural project. This project is the Dube TradePort Special Economic Zone, which is considered one of the top 10 best investment opportunities in South Africa. The Special Economic Zone is being developed in order to bring more international and local investments to South Africa.
The company intends to create learning opportunities and help develop the skills of South African citizens. They are working towards bridging the gap between university and the workplace for many people who are unemployed due to a lack of higher education. Dube TradePort offers three skill development programmes – internships for unemployed graduates, in-service training programmes, and financial assistance through bursaries.
Dube TradePort Bursary Scheme 2022
The Dube TradePort Bursary Scheme 2022 is being offered to the students who are residents of KwaZulu-Natal and are interested in pursuing tertiary education. Currently, students who plan on doing their qualification in any one of the below fields are eligible to apply:
- Engineering Studies
- Maritime Studies (land-based)
- Information Technology Studies
- Agriculture Studies (crops or plants)
- Built Environment Studies
The Dube TradePort Bursary Scheme 2022 offers funding up to the completion of the student’s bachelor degree. The bursary will be awarded on the basis of the availability of budget and the financial condition of the student’s parent/s or guardian. The student must also have an exceptional academic record to be considered for the bursary award.
Eligibility Criteria For The Dube TradePort Bursary
Students who can fulfill the following requirements will be eligible to apply for the Bursary:
- The student applying to the bursary must be a citizen of South Africa.
- The applicant must be a resident of the KwaZulu-Natal province.
- The applicant must be in their 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year of tertiary level education to be eligible to apply.
- The applicant must showcase exceptional academic performance.
- The student must have completed their Matric education.
- The applicant must have proof of their financial need.
- The student applying must be between the ages of 18 to 35 years.
- The students who are enrolled in or are planning to enroll in one of the following courses can apply – Engineering Studies, Maritime Studies (land-based), Information Technology Studies, Agriculture Studies (crops or plants) and Built Environment Studies.
- The applicant must be planning to enroll in or be a part of one of the following universities – Durban University of Technology, University of KwaZulu Natal, University of Zululand, University of South Africa (Unisa), and Mangosuthu University of Technology.
How to Apply for Dube TradePort Bursary Scheme?
The students who fulfill the above eligibility criteria and are interested in applying for the Bursary scheme can apply by clicking on this link.
In order to apply, you must fill out the bursary application, which is possible only if you join the SA Youth network by clicking on the “Join the network” button at the bottom of the page. If you are already a part of the SA Youth network, you can just log into your account to apply.
The students who are applying to the Dube TradePort Bursary Scheme 2022 are required to submit the following documents along with their bursary application form:
- A clear and certified copy of the applicants’ South African ID document.
- A clear and certified copy of the applicants’ Matric certificate.
- The students’ full tertiary academic record until the date of application must be provided on the approved universities letterhead.
- Proof of parent/s or guardian’s income in the form of their latest payslips if they are employed and an affidavit in the case that they are unemployed.
Closing Date of Dube TradePort Bursary Scheme
The last date of application is 31 January 2022. In case you fail to apply within the deadline, or if your application is missing any of the required documents, Dube TradePort may disregard your application.
Hence, ensure that you submit your application along with all the required documents listed above before the bursary closing date.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
In case you have any questions or need clarifications regarding the application process or eligibility requirements of the Dube TradePort Bursary Scheme 2022, you can contact the bursary providers directly at:
Tel: 032 814 0000
Contact page: https://www.dubetradeport.co.za/Pages/Contact
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook & follow us on @AllBursariesSA Twitter account OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on January 22, 2022)