The Gallagher Foundation awards five scholarships each year to students who deserve to pursue further fields of studies, regardless of their gender, religion or race. The scholarships only go to students who plan to pursue the following fields of study:
- Political Science
The scholarship includes the following expenses:
- Tuition fees
- Study supplies
To qualify for this bursary, applicants must have accomplished their NSFAS application by August 31, 2020. They will get feedback regarding their application status in the next stage of the selection process on September 18, 2020.
Between September 28 and 30, 2020, 9 final candidates will get interviewed and the final decision of the committee will come out on October 6, 2020. But these dates may change based on the statistics of COVID-19.
About the Gallagher Foundation
Jerry and Ellen Gallagher founded the Gallagher Foundation in 2001. It offers undergraduate scholarships to students in three countries, including South Africa. Foundation scholarships are open only to students studying at the University of Cape Town (UCT), a prestigious institution of higher learning. By funding South Africa’s future leaders’ education, the Gallagher Foundation aims to ensure that peace and prosperity continue to reign in South Africa.
Applicants are subjected to a review process and should demonstrate core values of the Gallagher Foundation. These include being a visionary, demonstrating sound ethics, tolerance towards others, diligence in their studies, and a commitment to making South Africa a better country.
Gallagher Foundation Scholarship Requirements and Eligibility
Before applying, candidates must first satisfy the following requirements. Failure to satisfy these requirements will result in their application getting disregarded:
- Must be a citizen of South African.
- Must have a strong academic record.
- Must have the intention of studying within one of the fields of study mentioned above.
- Must plan to enter their first year of study in the year 2021.
- Must apply to study at the University of Cape Town and receive conditional acceptance.
- Must have achieved high results in all of the National Benchmark Test’s competency areas.
- Must have a high level of ethical values including opposition to violence and a commitment to make a difference in their country.
- Must have a strong potential for leadership in any leadership activity like awards received, extracurricular activities, special projects, and service work.
How to Apply and Application Details
Interested applicants may apply online at https://gallagherfoundation.org/become-a-scholar/apply-to-our-program-in-south-africa
The applicants must also submit clear copies of the following documents together with the accomplished application form. Failure to comply will result in the application getting disregarded:
- A recent photograph
- The most recent high school academic record.
- Test results from NBT.
- Proof of conditional acceptance from the University of Cape Town.
- A letter of recommendation from a mentor, teacher, athletic coach, employer or guidance counselor.
- Proof of Income in the form of most recent payslips, a letter from the applicant’s employer or pension documents.
31 August 2021
Telephone Number: 011 484 7505
Online Contact Form: https://gallagherfoundation.org/contact